Homemade body Scrub can be a delight for your pocket and your skin as well. Body scrub is something we spend a lot for and if we can get something which is economical at the same time effective also, there can be nothing more that you can wish for. Let me share you a fact about body scrubs, did you know that salt and sugar fors the best base for a body scrub. These are the ingredients which are easily and sufficiently found in any kitchen. And these ingredients makes the most effective body scrubs. Then why to go for chemical based expensive body scrubs available in the market.
How To Make Homemade body scrub
The formula for making your own body scrub is very simple, it takes only three ingredients to whip up your all natural, chemical free body scrub. First being the exfoliant that will have slightly coarse or grainy texture, second comes the medium that will give fluidity to the scrub and aide in the application. The best medium is a carrier oil like sweet Almond oil and finally you can add fragrance, the best choice for this is Essential Oil.
Homemade Body Scrub Recipe Composition Basics
1. Choose your exfoliant
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Sea Salt
- Kosher salt
Ratio – 2 parts
2. Beauty Oil ( can be called carrier oil)
- Apricot Oil
- Olive Oil
- Avocado oil
Ratio – 1 part
3. Add essential oil for fragrance to the body scrub
Essential oils are highly potent oils derived from natural sources likes flowers, leaves seeds etc. They are therapeutic and can help in fighting various skin problems like dryness, oiliness, acne etc. They are the best ingredients to add scent to your scrub. Always avoid using fragrance oils as they are synthetic and they do not go well will the idea of making “chemical free” and “all natural” body scrub.
- Rosehip oil
- Lavender oil
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Grape fruit oil
- Vanilla Essential oil or any other essential oil of choice.
1. Sea Salt Body Scrub Recipe
How to make
- Sea Salt 1cup
- Grape seed, Hazelnut oil or almond oil 1/2 cup
- Essential oils – Juniper oil – 10 drops and Grape fruit oil – 1 drop
2. Sugar Body Scrub Recipe
3. Gram Flour Body Scrub Recipe
4. Homemade Brown Sugar Body Exfoliator Recipe
Moisten your skin and then massage gently with this natural body scrub.This is a very simple and easy homemade brown sugar body scrub.
Also see: Homemade hand cream
5. Homemade Exfoliating Oatmeal Body Scrub Recipe
The grainy texture of oatmeal makes is a superb skin exfoliator, oat is packed with the properties which are a true blessing for the skin. Oatmeal body scrub not only exfoliates the the skin but it also absorbs all the impurities from the skin, will open the pores and go deep, it also hydrates the skin leaving it smooth and soft.
Take 2 tbsp of rolled oats. Grind it into a powder.
1 tbsp of baking soda
Grape seed oil or jojoba oil.
Dried Lavender petals for fragrance you can use any other fragrance also.
Mix all these ingredients to form a thick paste. Store it in an air tight jar.
Rub your oatmeal body scrub softly on the body and then gently rinse with water. Pat dry with towel and experience a smooth and moisturized skin.
Latest posts by Karishma (see all)
- Post Pregnancy Belly BeltsAnd Girdles Bestsellers | AB Belts To Wear After Delivery - February 15, 2019
- 4 Simple Ways To Be A Stunning Mother Of The Bride In 2019 - February 2, 2019
- Mamaearth Dusting Powder For Babies Review | Madesafe Certified Talc Free Product - January 10, 2019