Body Mass Index for Women
BMI Stands for Body Mass Index, BMI indicates the relation between height and weight of a person, but it is irrespective of the body composition.
BMI for women and BMI for men both are calculated using same formula. However weight distributions are different for men and women. As a matter of fact men are more muscular than women hence men can have slightly higher BMI than women.
To calculate BMI for women and for men both you can use the below form. You can use the BMI guidelines below to know whether you are underweight, normal, overweight or obese.
Calculate Your BMI
|BODY MASS INDEX GUIDELINES|
|18.5 – 24.9||Normal|
|25 – 29.9||Overweight|
|30.0 and Above||Obese|
Download Free Body mass Index calculator for women and men
Limitations of a BMI Calculator
- Body mass Index calculator results get influenced from ethnicity. For example Africans have a bigger stature whereas Japanese and Chinese people are smaller in physical build. The current BMI formula is universal and does not take these aspects into consideration.
- BMI calculator is not applicable for pregnant women.
- BMI calculator does not differentiate between lean mass and body fat. For eg. Athletes have muscular body thus their weight can be due to lean mass and not the body fat. Their BMI might put them into overweight slab but in reality they might just be normal.
Latest posts by Karishma (see all)
- How to Start Weaning your baby : The Wean Plan - March 29, 2019
- Post Pregnancy Belly BeltsAnd Girdles Bestsellers | AB Belts To Wear After Delivery - February 15, 2019
- 4 Simple Ways To Be A Stunning Mother Of The Bride In 2019 - February 2, 2019