Using The Curative and Healing Power of Turmeric for Bruises and Wound Care
A wound is an injury in which the skin is cut , torn or broken.
A bleeding wound is dangerous as it result in catching infections and heavy blood loss, the first attempt should be to stop the blood flow. This can be done by rubbing ice or elevating the wound.
Quick Relief (QR) Powders like WoundsSeal come as great relief for stopping bleeding.
Like every other problems there is an amazing Home Remedy for healing the wounds also, how a very common spice turmeric heals wounds and bruises is just amazing, usually we tend to ignore these simple things present in our home that can actually help us in dealing with a lot of common ailments.
Turmeric heals Wounds and Bruises
Turmeric “The Golden Spice” however is celebrated globally as a spice used in curries and stews, has various medicinal properties too. It has been used both in ancient traditional Chinese medicine and in Indian Ayurveda for treating a wide range of health ailments and skin conditions.
Natural Healing Power of Turmeric
Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Relieves inflammation of the wound / cut and bruise.
Anti Bacterial: It prevents infection.
It helps to stop the bleeding clotting the blood
It promotes the regeneration of new skin.
How to use Turmeric to Heal Cuts and wounds and Bruises
What Happents when you Apply Turmeric on Wounds
Curcumin is a powerful component that gives Turmeric the anti-septic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties compound, Turmeric will stop the bleeding, prevent the bacterial infection and will aid the healing process.The analgesic action will help in relieving the pain.
Good quality and unadulterated Turmeric powder can be sprinkled directly on bruises and cuts after cleaning and pat drying to provide instant relief.
For Profusely Bleeding wounds
- Try to stop the bleeding by elevating the wound or by applying slight pressure
- Now clean the wound / place around the wound with water and gently rub to remove the dirt by using a cotton ball or soft clean cloth.
- Make a paste by mixing turmeric with water and apply this paste on the wound.
- Wrap it up with a bandage.
Turmeric and Alum For Wounds
Also Read: Health Benefits of Turmeric
Word of Caution
It is okay to use Turmeric for minor injuries to skin like abrasions, superficial cuts and bruises and it does work as an excellent first aid. But if a person has sustained deeper injuries a visit to the Doctor right away is a must. Managing minor wounds with home remedies is advisable but for severe conditions seeking medical aid is the only way. Last but not the least Home Remedy should never be treated as a replacement to medical treatment.
Latest posts by Karishma (see all)
- Post Pregnancy Belly BeltsAnd Girdles Bestsellers | AB Belts To Wear After Delivery - February 15, 2019
- 4 Simple Ways To Be A Stunning Mother Of The Bride In 2019 - February 2, 2019
- Mamaearth Dusting Powder For Babies Review | Madesafe Certified Talc Free Product - January 10, 2019