Omelettes are so much fun to eat, they are easy, delicious and quick. I have relished omelettes in many forms and with different variations. Here I will have to admit that with every new recipe of Omelette that I try my love for it doubles. I really cannot stop experimenting with this divine devil, Mr. Egg.
I like to enhance the flavor of egg by introducing different ingredients to my regular Omelette. And this recipe is a perfect amalgamation of two most loved ingredients of people around the world, Potatoes and Egg.
Its a simple breakfast recipe, a Potato and Egg Omelette. A Spanish Omelette is a combination of crispy fried potatoes and egg, seasoned with salt and pepper. I have seen people adjusting the recipe according to their taste and preference. Some common add-ons are onions, spring onions and herbs.
In my recipe for making a Spanish Omelette, I have given it a healthy twist. Instead of deep frying the potatoes I prefer to grill them, but its completely a matter of personal choice. It will be equally perfect if you want to go with the deep frying method.
I have never been to Spain and I have no idea how a Spanish omelette would taste in its homeland. This recipe has my own twist and Im sure its close to its native counterpart.
Recipe : SPANISH OMELETTE
4 Medium Sized Potatoes
Salt and Pepper
- Peel and dice the potatoes in small cubes
- Lay them on a grilling tray
- Drizzle some Olive Oil and Sprinkle Paprika ( you can use normal red chilly powder also)
- Pop them in the oven. Set grill mode in 180 degrees for 12 mins. Alternatively you can deep fry the potatoes instead of grilling them. In this recipe I have grilled the potatoes.
- Once done, cool the potatoes and transfer them to a mixing bowl
- Add the Eggs, Salt and Pepper and whisk so that it gets mixed with Potatoes evenly.
- Heat oil in a pan and pour in the mixture.
- Spread it evenly with the help of a spatula.
- Let it cook nicely on one side in medium heat.
- Now place a plate on top of the pan and take the omelette out. Carefully slide the omelette back into the pan to cook the other side. Insert a fork to ensure that omelette is well cooked from inside also.
- Once cooked take it out in a plate and serve with your favorite Sauce.
Try this simple recipe of Spanish Omelette, make your variations and don’t forget to share it with us.
Also Try Spinach Omelette
Latest posts by Karishma (see all)
- How to Start Weaning your baby : The Wean Plan - March 29, 2019
- Post Pregnancy Belly BeltsAnd Girdles Bestsellers | AB Belts To Wear After Delivery - February 15, 2019
- 4 Simple Ways To Be A Stunning Mother Of The Bride In 2019 - February 2, 2019