If you have recently observed these strange vertical lines on your nails, I am sure you are wondering “what are these lines on my nails and How To Remove these Vertical Ridges”. Worry not, you are not alone, there are many on-board with you as these ridges on nails are quite common.
“Vertical Nail Ridges are the bumpy lines which extends from cuticles to the tip of the nails. These vertical lines will have an uneven texture caused due to raised lines which are called nail ridges”
What are The Causes of Vertical Ridges On Nails And How To Get Rid With Home Remedies
The occurrence of these vertical lines that run from cuticle to tip of your nail can be because of following reasons
- Aging Fingernail Ridges : The ridges may become more prominent with age.
- Injury to nail bed or nail plate : if you have had an injury in your nail bed in the past, occurrence of ridges on nail doesn’t come as a surprise.
- Nutritional deficiencies : If the food eaten lacks balance you are likely to have these lines on your nails. The sources of nutrients should also be balanced for eg : if you rely a lot on animal protein and ignore the other sources you may have brittle nails.
These are the most common causes of vertical finger nail ridges and these do not indicate any serious issues.
Are Vertical Ridges on Nails A Cause of Concern
In most cases no, you only need to worry if you have nutritional deficiencies. Leading a healthy lifestyle will certainly help in achieving overall fitness. Eat a balanced diet and ensure that the nutrients supplied to your body through the food are absorbed as well. Mal absorbtion of nutrients will also lead to deficiency and will possibly be reflected through your nails.
According to Mayo Clinic
“Vertical nail ridges are fairly common and nothing to worry about.Vertical nail ridges extend from the cuticle to the tip of the nail. Vertical nail ridges often become more numerous or prominent with age, possibly due to variations in cell turnover within the nail”
What Should You Do If You Have Vertical Ridges on Nails?
Vitamin Deficiencies And Ridges On Nails
Home Remedies To Reduce the Vertical Ridges on Nails
Latest posts by Karishma (see all)
- How To Choose The Best Citrus Juicer | Buying Guide - November 7, 2017
- Reverse Osmosis For Drinking Water Purification | Understanding RO Purifiers - September 26, 2017
- Most Affordable Beauty Subscription Box : GlamEgo Box India Review - September 8, 2017