We all love treating ourselves to colorful platters. Burgers, fries, and many more crunchy, delightful foods seem to be made exclusively for your soul. But even the most excellent foods can result in bad gastric pain. In severe cases, strong consideration of the gastritis is important in understanding the underlying cause. Everybody experiences a distressed stomach and/or heartburn, or heartburn, from time to time after drinking and eating. This uneasiness, however, calls for little worry if treated with a timely-remedy. This is possible with home remedies for heartburn and indigestion that have proven to give you a soothing effect effectively.
Common Symptoms of a Distressed Stomach and Indigestion Include:
- Heartburn, or acid reflux
- The feeling of fullness and loss of appetite
- Burping, occasionally bringing up unpleasant or foul-tasting food and fluid
- Bloating (full sense)
- Excessive gas (belching, burping or flatulence)
- Acidic taste in the mouth
- Unexpected weight loss
- Black Stools
- Trouble Swallowing
The symptoms could vary in severity, which could require medical attention. However, many natural remedies for indigestion work effectively too.
Try these popular natural home remedies for indigestion and an upset stomach
- Baking soda.
Take a teaspoon of baking soda and dissolve it with water in a bowl and drink this. Make sure you mix it properly. Baking soda will fundamentally nullify the acids in your stomach that produce heartburn and will temporarily lessen the symptoms.
Though few of the beverages can help treat gastritis, they have a higher risk when it comes to regulating acid reflux. In fact, it could worsen the condition. Our body requires water to absorb nutrients from foods and digest it efficiently. When you are dehydrated, it could create digestive problems, slow down the process, which upsurges the probability of a distressed stomach.
- Peppermint Essential Oil
Consuming peppermint essential oil or drinking peppermint tea or even chewing on peppermint leaves consistently can efficiently give you relief in the natural cure of long-lasting indigestion. Mint is a calming and soothing herb that could help you in reducing heartburn. The smell and flavor of vital peppermint oil soothe the discomfort of heartburn and relieve gastritis problems.
- Ginger Tea
Ginger calms the stomach and aids in lessening the production of stomach acid. Ginger tea is free of caffeine. You can have ginger tea, and if you feel it’s bitter, you can add a little honey as a sweetener, which is the most excellent method to have ginger tea if you are suffering from reflux. Avoid Ginger ale as it is fizzy and might have caffeine. Small doses of ginger may let go of stomach irritation and could lessen stomach inflammation.
- Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds are well-known for their anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that release you from an upset stomach or heartburn, further enhancing your digestive process. Take a few coriander seeds mixed with water for seven days or more, and you will see a big difference.
- Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds contain oil compounds such as estragole and fenchone that are accountable for stopping or eliminating the gas from the stomach. These unstable oils even aid to improve the making of digestive juices, instigating a smooth gastric procedure. It also contains antispasmodic. You could drink, chew fennel with water or drink fennel tea.
- “Zero” Oily Foods
Few of the foods are not easy to digest as compared to others, which further raises the risk of poor digestion, and resulting in heartburns. It is mandatory to avoid certain foods like:
- Fried or fatty
- Rich or creamy
- Salty or preserved
Try These Lifestyle Changes and Home-Based Care
Medicine is not the only cure for indigestion. You can recover from ingestion and release painful symptoms with simple alterations, like the ones mentioned below:
- Break down your meals to 6 small meals throughout the day.
- Avoid hot, fatty foods that can activate indigestion.
- Eating slowly would surely help and don’t lye down after eating.
- Avoid smoking and sodas.
- Avoid spicy food.
- Lose extra body weight.
- Limit fried and oily foods.
- Lessen the quantity of coffee, soft drinks, and liquor that you consume.
- Get good rest.
- Stop taking tablets that interfere with the abdominal lining.
- Reduce your anxiety by joining yoga classes or enroll in a relaxation treatment.
Poor digestion is a day-to-day concern. However, disregarding its first signs could be folly. You mustn’t disregard heartburn that’s recurring and is intense, or that does not seem to heal despite taking over-the-counter medications. Meanwhile, you can get rid of indigestion, by trying these home remedies for the cure gastritis problems and get instant relief. However, if these natural remedies seem futile in managing stomachache, seek medical attention.
Basic Tips About Constipation Remedies
As digestive problems go, constipation is one of the most common complaints in North America today. Today, more than ever, there is a huge demand for safe and effective constipation remedies. A great deal of constipation can be attributed to the abundance of fast food and processed foods available in supermarkets.
Depending on the individual it is normal to have more than one bowel movement a day or even as few as 3 a week. However, if your stool is hard and dry and you pass it less than three times a week you are in need of one of the many constipation remedies available. Irregular bowel movements might also cause you to feel discomfort and slightly bloated and you will probably be straining in the course of bowel movements.
Despite the fact that constipation may affect anybody, it’s a lot more frequent in females as well as in individuals in their 60′s. In addition, it is likely to happen while being pregnant, following giving birth or surgical procedures, with specific drugs for example: pain killers, along with some other various health concerns. Under these conditions do not take any constipation remedies without first consulting your family physician.
Fiber From Natural Sources
An eating plan lacking in soluble fiber may possibly be involved in bowel irregularity. Insoluble dietary fiber, which moves through the system practically unaffected, provides stools volume and a smooth texture and consistency, causing them to be much easier to pass.
Natural foods that happen to be an excellent source of insoluble dietary fiber consist of whole grain products, fresh fruits and veggies. Consider adding whole wheat bran and breads made from the whole grain to your daily diet. Brown rice is also a great source of natural fiber and one of the healthier constipation remedies.
Soluble dietary fiber melts in water and turns into a gel within the intestinal tract. Constipation remedies can be found in dried fruits such as figs, apricots or prunes. These can be added to the lunch bag and make excellent snacks.
Psyllium Husks and Flax Seed
As constipation remedies go, there is nothing as easy as adding a couple of spoonfuls of flax seeds to your meal. Psyllium is also another effective plant source home remedy as the husk is an insoluble fiber and can be found in over the counter remedies like Metamucil.
Too much too soon can lead to excessive gas and internal discomfort so use moderate amounts initially until your body adjusts for optimal constipation relief. If you don’t drink enough water while taking these constipation remedies you may find your condition may worsen.
Avoid Food That Causes Constipation
Stay away from fried foods that are usually high in saturated fat. Fat slows down the time food travels through the intestines.
Avoid foods that form mucus, which are also notorious for slowing the transit time of waste matter. Foods that increase the production of mucus include fried and processed foods, all dairy products, chocolate, and refined flours.
Abstain from caffeine and alcohol, because they’re hard on the digestive system and are also dehydrating. If you’re experiencing constipation, avoid them entirely. However, when you become regular again, then you can incorporate them back, but slowly.
Diet Tips For Constipation Relief
For feeling fresh, Healthy and focused all the systems in the body must function properly, the co-ordination among the systems is also great importance. Proper functioning of digestive system and excretory system ensures the digestion of food, absorption of nutrients and elimination of toxins from the body this leaves you feeling fresh, light, energized and focused.
- Taking Lemon juice in warm water will help in stimulating bowel movements
- Fruits Like Papaya and Orange are good for easing bowel movements
- Prefer to eat the fruit in natural form rather than juicing it
- Drink plenty of water
- Eating Prunes is the old school remedy that really works in relieving constipation, it is rich in fibre content and it also has properties of a mild natural laxative
- Eat in regular intervals and chew food properly, healthy eating habits certainly help in better functioning of digestive system.
- Avoid eating deep fried food
- Eat high fiber food and three balanced meals everyday
- Avoid eating highly refined food like cakes and biscuits
- Include Lentils and Legumes in your diet
Try home remedies for constipation like Garlic, flax seed oil and Aloe Vera Juice
Eating a balanced meal in proper routine and maintaining a physically active lifestyle will help in improving overall digestive health. Adding good amount of fiber to daily diet and avoiding frequent binging in highly refined food and deep fried junk food are some healthy eating habits that will maintain proper functioning of the digestive system
Home remedies for constipation
Constipation is a very common digestive disorder which can happen at any stage of life and can be addressed effectively by using home remedies for constipation. Almost all of us have suffered constipation at one point of time in life. Constipation can be relieved with home remedies.
Natural cures for constipation
- Drink 5-7 glasses of lukewarm water early in the morning. Practice this daily it is a great home remedy to get rid of constipation and is also great for skin problems like acne and pimples.
- Use asafoetida (hing) in daily cooking. Its helps the food to digest and thus is very helpful in avoiding constipation.
- Spinach used as home remedies for constipation: Spinach is very good for our digestive organs. Make soup of spinach and drink it twice a day. This helps in promoting intestinal movements.
- Agar Agar (China Grass) for constipation : Cut the china grass and cook it with milk. When boiled it will look like gelatin and this can be used as a vegetable pudding. You can add sugar and food flavour to make it tasty. Once cooked cool it in room temperature it will set like jelly and can be eaten daily. This a good laxative and thus a very good home remedy for constipation.
- Fennel seed is again a very good reliever and is one of the most recommended home remedies for constipation. Roast fennel seed and store it. Consume it with a glass of warm water every night before going to bed. This will keep the bowel movement intact.
- Cook fenugreek leaves with green onion. This can be eaten as a regular vegetable. This is a very effective remedy for constipation.
- Dates for Constipation: Boil Dates wil milk and consume it. This surely works in relieving constipation.
- Garlic is among the best home remedies for constipation. Garlic is very good in treating as well as avoiding constipation. Garlic helps in stimulating intestinal movements. It can be chewed or can be incorporated in vegetable dishes and juices.
- To cure chronic constipation eat fig in the morning (empty stomach). fig is considered as a rich source of calcium and fiber. Alternatively you can boils 6-7 figs in water and drink the water before going to bed. This is an excellent home remedy for constipation
- Triphala powder constipation home remedy : Mix 1 tsp of Triphala powder with 1 glass of lukewarm water or milk. Consume this daily at night before going to bed. Triphala powder is not only a good home remedy for constipation but it is equally effective in colon cleansing also.
- Aloevera juice to cure constipation : Take 1 cup of aloevera juice (gwarpatha in hindi), mix black pepper powder and rock salt to it. Drink this empty stomach early in the morning. Consuming aloevera juice for two consecutive weeks can help trigger constipation. This is one of the simplest home remedies for constipation. The anti-fungal properties of aloevera keep the bowel movements intact. Note: Pregnant women should avoid taking aloevera.
- Eating papaya daily also helps in keeping the digestive system good.
- Castor Oil in Hindi Andi ka tel a natural laxative and is used as a quick home remedy for constipation : Mix 1 tsp of castor oil with tapid milk and consume before bedtime. Castor oil has also shown good results in infant constipation by stimulating the bowel movements due to its laxative properties. Children should be give half teaspoon (or as guided by physician) of castor oil for treating constipation.
- Raisin for constipation: Soak raisin (kishmish in hindi) overnight in an earthen utensil. Eat it early in the morning. Chew it thoroughly to relieve constipation.
- To prevent hardening of stool take high fibre food. Avoid deep fried and refined food.
- To get relief from constipation eat an apple in breakfast and one apple in the evening.
- Another good natural remedy for constipation is bottle gourd juice (louki ka juice). Drink one cup of bottle gourd juice early in the morning.
- Store water overnight in a copper vessel. Drink atleast 3-4 glasses of this water early in the morning.
- Do not become dependent on laxative tablets for constipation. you take too many of them and your intestines becomes used to them and this can even make constipation worst
- Nutmeg is also one of the home remedies for constipation. Rub nutmeg on a clean stone with lemon juice, take 1 tsp of this to cure constipation.
- Harad (Terminalia chebula in English) is used in Ayurveda for treating various digestive problems. Roast kali Harad powder
with clarified butter (ghee), take 1 tsp. ever night. Instead of swallowing it at once, keep it on the tongue and keep on sucking it.
- Isabgol (Psyllium Husk) : Apart from being rich in both soluble and insoluble fibre, Isabgol also has a tendency of absorbing water thus improving the consistency of the stool. Psyllium husk is considered good for overall digestive health. Isabgol can be taken with warm milk but if you do not like it at all you can still take Isabgol Tablets
to relieve constipation.
Citrus fruits used as home remedies for constipation
- Grapes are another good and effective fast laxative home remedies. Grapes possess all the properties that can tone the colon and thus it helps is fighting even with with chronic constipation.
- Drink lemon juice mixed with warm water 2-3 times daily. This helps to relieve constipation.
- Exercise regularly
- Keep proper intervals between meals. Do not eat when not hungry.
- Chew the food nicely before swallowing it. This helps the food to digest completely and faster.
- Make a habit of daily bowel evacuation early morning.
- Maintain a timely routine. Make a habit of getting up early and sleeping on time.
Yoga for curing constipation
Yoga pose for constipation #2: Head to Knee Pose (Janu Sirsasana )
These yoga poses will improve the functioning of colon and will help in keeping the digestive system intact thus regular practice of these yoga asanas will surely help in eliminating chronic constipation.
These simple tips works great as home remedies for constipation.