Home remedies for constipation
Constipation is a very common digestive disorder which can happen at any stage of life and can be addressed effectively by using home remedies for constipation. Almost all of us have suffered constipation at one point of time in life. Constipation can be relieved with home remedies.
Natural cures for constipation
- Drink 5-7 glasses of lukewarm water early in the morning. Practice this daily it is a great home remedy to get rid of constipation and is also great for skin problems like acne and pimples.
- Use asafoetida (hing) in daily cooking. Its helps the food to digest and thus is very helpful in avoiding constipation.
- Spinach used as home remedies for constipation: Spinach is very good for our digestive organs. Make soup of spinach and drink it twice a day. This helps in promoting intestinal movements.
- Agar Agar (China Grass) for constipation : Cut the china grass and cook it with milk. When boiled it will look like gelatin and this can be used as a vegetable pudding. You can add sugar and food flavour to make it tasty. Once cooked cool it in room temperature it will set like jelly and can be eaten daily. This a good laxative and thus a very good home remedy for constipation.
- Fennel seed is again a very good reliever and is one of the most recommended home remedies for constipation. Roast fennel seed and store it. Consume it with a glass of warm water every night before going to bed. This will keep the bowel movement intact.
- Cook fenugreek leaves with green onion. This can be eaten as a regular vegetable. This is a very effective remedy for constipation.
- Dates for Constipation: Boil Dates wil milk and consume it. This surely works in relieving constipation.
- Garlic is among the best home remedies for constipation. Garlic is very good in treating as well as avoiding constipation. Garlic helps in stimulating intestinal movements. It can be chewed or can be incorporated in vegetable dishes and juices.
- To cure chronic constipation eat fig in the morning (empty stomach). fig is considered as a rich source of calcium and fiber. Alternatively you can boils 6-7 figs in water and drink the water before going to bed. This is an excellent home remedy for constipation
- Triphala powder constipation home remedy : Mix 1 tsp of Triphala powder with 1 glass of lukewarm water or milk. Consume this daily at night before going to bed. Triphala powder is not only a good home remedy for constipation but it is equally effective in colon cleansing also.
- Aloevera juice to cure constipation : Take 1 cup of aloevera juice (gwarpatha in hindi), mix black pepper powder and rock salt to it. Drink this empty stomach early in the morning. Consuming aloevera juice for two consecutive weeks can help trigger constipation. This is one of the simplest home remedies for constipation. The anti-fungal properties of aloevera keep the bowel movements intact. Note: Pregnant women should avoid taking aloevera.
- Eating papaya daily also helps in keeping the digestive system good.
- Castor Oil in Hindi Andi ka tel a natural laxative and is used as a quick home remedy for constipation : Mix 1 tsp of castor oil with tapid milk and consume before bedtime. Castor oil has also shown good results in infant constipation by stimulating the bowel movements due to its laxative properties. Children should be give half teaspoon (or as guided by physician) of castor oil for treating constipation.
- Raisin for constipation: Soak raisin (kishmish in hindi) overnight in an earthen utensil. Eat it early in the morning. Chew it thoroughly to relieve constipation.
- To prevent hardening of stool take high fibre food. Avoid deep fried and refined food.
- To get relief from constipation eat an apple in breakfast and one apple in the evening.
- Another good natural remedy for constipation is bottle gourd juice (louki ka juice). Drink one cup of bottle gourd juice early in the morning.
- Store water overnight in a copper vessel. Drink atleast 3-4 glasses of this water early in the morning.
- Do not become dependent on laxative tablets for constipation. you take too many of them and your intestines becomes used to them and this can even make constipation worst
- Nutmeg is also one of the home remedies for constipation. Rub nutmeg on a clean stone with lemon juice, take 1 tsp of this to cure constipation.
- Harad (Terminalia chebula in English) is used in Ayurveda for treating various digestive problems. Roast kali Harad powder
with clarified butter (ghee), take 1 tsp. ever night. Instead of swallowing it at once, keep it on the tongue and keep on sucking it.
- Isabgol (Psyllium Husk) : Apart from being rich in both soluble and insoluble fibre, Isabgol also has a tendency of absorbing water thus improving the consistency of the stool. Psyllium husk is considered good for overall digestive health. Isabgol can be taken with warm milk but if you do not like it at all you can still take Isabgol Tablets
to relieve constipation.
Citrus fruits used as home remedies for constipation
- Grapes are another good and effective fast laxative home remedies. Grapes possess all the properties that can tone the colon and thus it helps is fighting even with with chronic constipation.
- Drink lemon juice mixed with warm water 2-3 times daily. This helps to relieve constipation.
- Exercise regularly
- Keep proper intervals between meals. Do not eat when not hungry.
- Chew the food nicely before swallowing it. This helps the food to digest completely and faster.
- Make a habit of daily bowel evacuation early morning.
- Maintain a timely routine. Make a habit of getting up early and sleeping on time.
Yoga for curing constipation
Yoga pose for constipation #2: Head to Knee Pose (Janu Sirsasana )
These yoga poses will improve the functioning of colon and will help in keeping the digestive system intact thus regular practice of these yoga asanas will surely help in eliminating chronic constipation.
These simple tips works great as home remedies for constipation.