A hair wig allows you to constantly and instantly change your hairstyle as you would like. Celebrities across the world use them as a quick way of switching and elevating the way they look.
Unfortunately, make people face a nightmare in trying to choose the right wig. This is because many factors like complexion, hair type, and even the head come into play while getting the perfect match.
Whenever you hit shopping for your clothes, the first thing you always consider is your size. You don’t want to visit the kid’s section as an adult. This is not an exception when it comes to shopping for a wig.
Here is what to do:
Know your cap size
Determining your cap size is one of the baby steps in successfully buying that great looking wig. Women wigs come in 3 basic sizes. The petite size, the average size, and the large size.
According to research, approximately 95% of women normally lie in the average category which makes it one of the best selling size. The remaining 5% is normally dominated by the petite size.
To get a wig that accurately fits your head, it’s always advisable to get someone to help you measure your head.
Measuring the size of your head starts by loosely tying a tape measure right from the forehead, following your hairline all the way behind the ears until the tape meets at the forehead again.
Choose the hair you want
Preferably, you should be more leaning towards the human hair wigs as they are easy to style giving you’re the much-needed styling versatility. However, the human hair wigs come with a catch of frequent maintenance which means you will have to occasionally spend on them.
On the other hand, synthetic wigs require moderate styling and maintenance. However, you may just have to buy a replacement sooner rather than later as they don’t last for long compared to human hair wigs.
The heat friendly synthetic wigs look great but only for a few weeks. They may be a good option if you are cash strapped but still want to look good.
Lastly, if you are the type that wouldn’t spend hours sitting in a salon, braided lace wig could be a great option. This weaves allows you pull off that gorgeous look without having to sit for long hours to plait the natural braids.
Choose Your Cap Wisely
Different wigs caps come with different methods of attaching the hair strands to the cap.
They feature mass produced wigs that embrace wefted hair rows sewn together. One of the main advantages of such wigs is that they allow your scalp to breathe. Additionally, they also feature teased fibers right at the hair strands roots that conceal the cap underneath.
On the flipside, the classing wigs also throw a few challenges. Due to the wefted construction, styling can be a bit of problem as the part is conspicuously stationary.
They are relatively expensive compared to the classic wigs. They go an extra mile in affording you a more natural hair. The hair strands are individually “planted” on a transparent mesh cap mimicking your hair growth. That notwithstanding, the part is movable which gives room for maneuver in terms of styling.
This is a sort of monofilament wigs hybrid. They feature a ridiculously soft lace fabric sewn together with hair on it. Unlike the regular monofilament wigs, they sport hand-tied construction cap for a more natural look.
Lace Front Wigs
Lace front wigs are certainly the best. This is because they mimic your natural hairline leaving you with you that natural looking wig. Additionally, they feature a unique design of individually tied hairs around the hairline that allows you to adjust them accordingly.
Choose a style and the color
Choosing the right color and style could make all the difference in how you look in your wig. However, it shouldn’t be a problem since there are multiple colors to choose from that fit your complexion `and personality.
However, as a general rule of thumb, if you are trying out a wig for the first time, it’s always good to go with the one that matches the color of your natural hair. This will help you feel comfortable as you get used to wigs. Eventually, as you get accustomed, you can change the color occasionally.
Sponsored Post: All views/ information shared in this post are of the author, this does not necessarily reflect the view of the website.