Causes of Tennis Elbow
- Overuse of forearm muscle. Repeated motions of elbow and wrist causes tear in tendons.
- Poor technique in backhand stroke while playing tennis and other similar games involving excessive movements of forearm.
- Overdoing activities that causes strain in forearm muscles.
- Repeated twisting and turning of wrist can also cause tennis elbow.
- Excessive pressure on radial nerve.
Tennis Elbow Symptoms (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Pain in the outer part of the elbow.
- Pain while lifting or grasping object.
- Experience of severe pain while doing activities that involve movement of forearm and wrist.
- Pain while extending the forearm completely.
- Pain is also accompanied by weakness in the forearm and wrist.
Also See: Epicondylitis
Tennis Elbow Treatment can involve any one or combinations of following methods:
- By wearing supports like Tennis Elbow Braces, elbow straps, arm bands etc.
- By taking Physical therapy for Tennis Elbow
- By doing exercises.
- By using Home Remedies
Home Remedies For Tennis Elbow
RICE it Up
Give complete rest to the arm muscles avoid doing any activity that may cause strain in the tendons.
- Apply ice packs to the elbow joint for 10-15 mins . Repeat this after two hours. This is a very effective home remedy that will soothe the pain and reduce the burning sensation in the affected area.
Elbow Supports : Tennis Elbow Wraps
- Use elbow straps this gives compression to the sore muscles. Compression limits the swelling and in some cases, relief from pain is also experienced by the sufferer.
- Celery seed is indeed very helpful in dealing with this painful condition. Extract the fluid from the seeds and take 5-10 drops diluted in hot water before meals.
- Avocado fruit has various health benefits and the oil extracted from Avocado has anti inflammatory and pain relieving properties. You best bet would be to gently massage the effected elbow joint with avocado oil. It will give soothing effect to the inflamed tissues and the tissues around the joint.
- Bake potatoes and wrap them in a clean cloth to make a poultice, wrap it around the effected elbow joint. This will certainly reduce the stiffness and pain in tennis elbow, remedy to try at home.
Wear Elbow Wraps
Now you dont need a highly sophisticate or state of the art kind of strap, all you need is a strap that will wrap around your elbow, provide soft cushioning while your elbow is in resting position. It should also provide mild compression.
Pain in Tennis Elbow Remedy with Oils
Ayurvedic Oil For Pain Management In Tennis Elbow
Dhanvantaram Thailam is an Ayurvedic oil used in Kerala Ayurveda, it is beneficial in reducing pain and swelling.
Dhanwantharam Thailam can be applied topically on the affected area to improve musculoskeletal health. Basically it is a pain relieving and anti-inflammatory oil and thus it helps in the effective management of Tennis Elbow injury.
Essential Oil For Tennis Elbow
Lavender Essential oil
Lavender essential oil very fragrant and is known for its anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties. Like any other essential oil Lavender oil should also be diluted in a carrier oil before application. Sesame oil is regarded for its therapeutics properties for muscles and joints, thus it makes a good choice for a carrier oil for tennis elbow natural cure.
Splints for Tennis Elbow
Splints and braces are used for immobilizing and supporting the elbow joint especially post surgery. Tennis Elbow braces are very helpful in reducing the pressure on the weak elbow. You can also wear compression sleeves for soothing the pain in tennis elbow the affected area.
- Why It Is Veganism So Popular And How It Helps? - February 7, 2022
- What is Alum and How it is used in home remedies - January 22, 2022
- Amba Haldi Benefits For Skin | Anti Acne | Tan Removal Face Packs With Mango Ginger - September 3, 2021