Most of the women suffer Vaginal yeast infection atleast once in their lifetime like many other health problems yeast infections in women is common and can also be treated with home remedies. In ancient days home remedies used to be the primary aid for any health condition, that was the time when in many countries allopathy treatments were not even introduced. The most popular treatment method was using home remedies. Asian countries had their indigenous system of traditional medicine like Ayurveda and Unani system of medicine.
How Does Yeast Infection Happen
Causes of Vaginal Yeast Infection:
Yeast overgrowth Symptoms (vaginal yeast infection)
Home Remedies for Curing Vaginal Yeast Infection Naturally
Garlic Home remedy for curing Yeast Infection:
To treat yeast infection at home with garlic, take a clove of garlic and peel its shell. You can use the garlic clove as it is, no need to crush as crushing it will cause severe burning sensation in the vagina. Place the garlic clove into the vagina at night (bedtime). If burning sensation is felt, wrap the garlic clove with a thin muslin cloth. If the infection is not very severe one day treatment will bring in the results. If the itching sustains then repeat the treatment the next day also.
Apple Cider vinegar Helps A Lot
Apple cider vinegar has anti-fungal properties an so it can prove to be a great help for sufferers of yeast infections. It alho helps in maintainig the pH balance. Fill your bath tub will water at least till the point it covers your groin area. Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar to the water. Now soak yourself in this water for half an hour and then you may proceed for your bath / shower.
Some people also suggest drinking the apple cider vinegar with water. But its really hard to drink it as its taste is just terrible (for me atleast).
Yogurt the Probiotic Supplement Increases The Good Bacteria
Probiotics are the good bacteria that feed on yeast. If due to some medication or any other reason the good bacteria present in our body is killed the yeast starts multiplying as a result of which the yeast infection is caused.
Yogurt Tampon Remedy
Yogurt can be applied directly to the vagina. Another way is using a tampon. Put the yogurt in the tampon and insert the tampon in the vagina. Leave it there overnight.
It is also suggested to consume 1 cup of yogurt every day as it can act as probiotic supplement when the body’s good bacteria is destroyed due to antibiotics, poor immune system etc. Thus yogurt make a good home remedy for yeast infections.
Applying These Oils Have Therapeutic Value
Douches For Combating Candida
Mix Garlic oil
you can also insert probiotics to increase good bacteria.
Increase the intake of yogurt, garlic and fresh vegetables in your daily diet.
Avoid These To get rid of Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Do not use starch based after bath powders as starch makes a perfect medium for the fungus to grow. If you still want to use dusting powder keep it outside your panties.
- Women having recurring yeast infections may become allergic to food that has yeasts and molds. they should avoid food and beverages such as bread, beer, fermented food, cheese etc.
- Sexual intercourse can irritate the inflammation caused by yeast infection. You are at a risk of communicating your infection to your partner, which is not something you would like to do.
- Avoid Eating sugar and sugar based food
- Avoid consuming fruits that have high content of natural sugar
Follow these Tips
- Scrub your panties a little more than you do when you are infection free. Scrub the crotch of your panties with unscented detergents.
- Soak your undergarments for about 24 hours in bleach, this will kill the candida albicans.
- Iron your panties with hot iron, heat is also a good candida killer.
Yeast Infection During Pregnancy
While you are pregnant the pH balance of the vagina may get disrupted due to fluctuating hormones. It is very common for women to suffer yeast infection during pregnancy. It is always best to consult your health care provider before option for any over-the-counter medication to treat yeast infection.
Eating curd (preferably homemade does help in minimizing the growth of bad bacteria in the vagina. Maintaining good vaginal hygiene and choosing the right underwear during pregnancy will also help in keeping the yeast infection away.
And Last but not the least, try to improve your vaginal health and maintain it by leading a healthy life. benefits of Good eating habits and maintaining proper intimate region hygiene can never be ruled out.
These are just simple and easy home remedies for yeast infection. If you found this article helpful please share it with others too. If you know a remedy that has worked for you, share it in the comment section.
- How To Stay Protected From Corona Virus While Going Out - May 27, 2020
- How to Keep Kids Active and Motivated During Lockdown - May 25, 2020
- Homemade Wheatgerm Face Mask Recipes For Glowing Skin - February 22, 2020