How to cure Chapped Lips
Chapped lips are usually caused due to cold and dry air. It is a painful condition wherein the lips become dry and cracked.
the most common cure for chapped lips is petroleum jelly. Although it works good but many people cannot stand the strong smell. Chapped lips can be cured with both home remedies as well as with otc products.
Symptoms of chapped / Cracked lips
Red and cracked lips
pain while smiling or talking
peeling out of the skin from lips
Tenderness and sensitivity
Repeatedly licking the lips also cause cracking and chapping of lips.
Causes of cracked chapped lips
Over exposure to dry cold air
Over exposure to hot sun
Dehydration in the body
Deficiency of vitamin A
How to cure Chapped Lips with Home Remedies
- Apply glycerin to the lips daily.
- Take out fresh cream from the milk (not the store bough cream). Mix few drops of lemon juice and rub this gently on the lips with the help of cotton ball.
- To cure chapped lips warm up clarified butter (ghee in hindi), add a pinch of salt and massage on the lips. this will help you get rid of chapped ugly lips fast.
- Mix black salt with clarified butter. Store it in a small bottle and carry it with you in winters. Use this several times in a day as you would use any other lip balm.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to glycerin and rub it on your face. This will help you to deal with dry skin.
- Drip few drops of clarified butter on your navel before going to bed. Do this regularly and you shall never suffer chapped lips.
- You suffer chapped lips mostly in winters due to the dryness, but it can happen in summers also. In summers rose petals can be used to cure chapped lips. Just take few petals and mash them, apply to the lips and see the difference.
Kokum Butter for curing chapped lips:
- Vitamin A plays vital role in skin repair and rejuvenation. Ensure adequate intake of vitamin A in your daily diet.
If nothing seems to be helping , there is still one thing that shall save you from those pailfull chapped lips, yes you got it right, its Carmex, a classic lip balm with Cocoa butter, Aloe butter, Vitamin E, Shea butter Petroleum jelly phenol etc. Carmex lip balm has numerous positive reviews all over the web, left by its users, but since it is a prescription medication you should consult your physician before using it.