It is 2018 and the whole world is becoming more and more health conscious, everyone talks about going green. We all want to choose things that are safe and chemical free for our family.
Have you been thinking of replacing the lunch box containers of your family members with the healthier ones? Reading this post will help you in choosing a safe lunch box for your kids and family.
When it comes to choosing lunch box container or say tiffin box as it is commonly known, most of the people prefer plastic containers owing to the wide range of designs and attractive colours that plastic lunch box containers flaunt. But are these Plastic Lunch Boxes safe for storing food ? You can minimize the cons of using a plastic lunch box by choosing it carefully.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Lunch Box
The material, the quality of the material, will it keep the food fresh etc. are a few major points that should be the base of your decision while buying a particular Lunch Box
Understanding the symbols on the containers
You will find symbols printed on the container that they will tell you a lot about the material and usability of the container
Microwave safe : This indicates whether the Lunch box can be put in a microwave oven for reheating the food
Freezer safe : This symbol tells you that whether or not you can freeze the food along with the container
Safe to be brought in contact of food (food grade)
Plastic Lunch Box Good or Bad
Plastic is infamous for being hazardous especially due to its non-decomposable nature, it is also among the culprits that are causing ozone depletion. Storing food in it is believed to be unsafe, but in recent times a lot of new variations have been invented that are said to be free of toxicity that plastic is known to possess.
Hard plastic is the most common form of plastic that is used in the making of various plastic items that we use in our day to day life. However with studies showing the negative impact of plastic, storing food was considered unsafe. A new invention called BPA free Plastic replaced the old hard plastic that was used to make lunch boxes and storage containers.
Choosing a BPA Free Plastic Lunch Box will be better than choosing a lunch box constructed with hard plastic. You can check for BPA free symbol on the Lunch Box you are buying.
Is BPA Free Plastic Safe for Food Storage
BPA free plastic is safer and thus it has garnered a lot of consumer attention lately. But it is still not the safest option and you cannot rely completely on it. Recent studies have shown that BPA free plastic may not be as safe as we think it to be.
So What Material Lunch Box Are Healthy and Safe For Kids
Stainless Steel Lunch Boxes
These lunch boxes are considered to be the safest as long as freshness of food is concerned. This does not contain any chemical and is light weight. According to latest developments, stainless steel surface can also be modified to be antimicrobial / antibacterial.
The good old stainless steel can be your best bet. Stainless steel lunch boxes are safe for both hot and cold food storage, it is great for storing food for long hours as well, no matter how long you keep the food in a stainless steel lunch box or how hot the food is you can rest assured that there is no leeching of chemicals taking place inside the lunch box.
Drawback of Stainless Steel lunch box
The major drawback of using steel Tiffin is that kids may find it too boring, the colorful appearance of plastic lunch boxes attract the kids most . Plastic boxes are colorful, attractive and they come with kids favorite cartoon / super hero characters.
When using steel lunch box for grown-ups you will face one problem, that is it can’t go in the microwave for reheating the food. Nowadays every office has a Microwave oven i.e is majorly used by the staff for reheating the food, most of the people carry microwave safe lunch boxes which can be popped into the microwave oven straitght away. Unfortunately this convenience is not available with stainless steel lunch boxes
What To Do
Try choosing an insulated lunch box, which has a steel construction on the inner side of the lunch box. The outer part can be colorful plastic, but the food container inside the box should be made up of steel.
Top 5 Stainless Steel Insulated Lunch Box For Kids
1. FunBlast™ Minion Lunch Box with Handle and Spoon, Premium Quality Insulated Lunch Box For kids With Vaccum Air Hole, Stainless Steel Lunch Box For Kids
- KEEPS FOOD WARM, COLD, AND FRESH: This Minion Lunch Box Will Keep Your Food, Sandwiches, Soups, Beverages, Drinks WARM , COLD or FRESH For Lunch, So You Can Pack Your Kids’ Lunches In The Morning, And It Will Stay Warm Until Lunchtime.
- STYLISH TRENDY COLORS, GREAT GIFT IDEA
- EASY TO CARRY, HANDLE, OPEN, & EAT
- Lunch Box for kids/Boys/Girls, Can be used in School.
- Capacity- 480 ML
2. Vaya Tyffyn 600ml Dino Map Lunch Box without BagMat -- Copper-finished Stainless Steel 2-Container Tiffin Box BPA Free Eco-Friendly Good Heat-Retention Leak-Resistant Insulated Food Storage Container for Kids & Office Goers
- KEEPS FOOD WARM OR COLD FOR UP TO 4-5 HOURS: Vacuum-insulated, leak-resistant lunch box that will keep your home-cooked meals warm, fresh and ready to eat without the need for added heating or refrigeration.
- CONVENIENT: 2 perfectly sized, 10oz, spill-proof containers allow you to carry up to 4 food varieties without mixing. Containers double up as great snack boxes. Fill them up with healthy snacks and enjoy them fresh anytime, anywhere!
- ADVANCED TECH: Tyffyn is the most advanced thermally insulated lunch box in the world. It was designed using state-of-the-art technology to make sure your food stays the way you like it, whether warm or cold, to prevent spills, and fit easily in your bag.
- SAFE AND ECO FRIENDLY: BPA-free, non-toxic, leak-resistant containers that are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- ANYWHERE ON THE GO: Bag that is a place mat as well. The stylish shoulder bag unzips to a place mat for you to enjoy your meal on.
- BPA FREE, Made of high quality plastic and stainless steel
- 2 Main Container.4 Side lock,
- The lid with extended fastening design,close the lid and box body fastening,no leaking no sprinkle,easy to carry.
- Non-toxic,tasteless,healthy and safe
4. IshStaR 710ml Stainless Steel Lunch Box For Kids BPA Free Tiffin Stainless Steel and Food-Grade Plastic — With an Extra set of Locks Free (FroZen)
- 710ml Stainless Steel Insulated Lunch Box For Kids with 4 Side Lock
- BPA Free Tiffin Stainless Steel interior and Food-Grade Plastic Exterior
- With an Extra set of Locks Free
- 1 Main Container, 1 Inner Container and 1 Spoon
- Keeps Food Fresh and Warm For Hours
5. FWQPRA stainless steel lunch box with compartment/kids meal box/leakproof bento lunch box container
- beautiful and sweet window.
- Good quality polishing
- meterial type Stainless Steel & plastic
- Size: 26 * 20 * 6 cm
I hope this post helped you in some way, and you have an idea of choosing the healthiest lunch box option for your family.
- Indian Spices Name in Hindi and English with Photos - July 4, 2020
- DIY Beard Oil Recipe For Men | Essential Oils and Carrier Oils For Beard - June 19, 2020
- Activated Charcoal for Food Poisoning - June 16, 2020