While hair on the body is absolutely normal, one has to admit that it is utterly unsightly, thus unwanted hair on the body is a matter of concern for most women. You are not able to wear dresses of your choice and flaunt your skin because of the unwanted hair. You can never enjoy beach time if your legs are hairy, believe me it is an utmost embarrassing situation to walk around with those hairy hands and legs.Besides that, on a serious note it also affects your confidence and personality.
Removing unwanted hair is the only solution to make the skin flawless and smooth. You can do it at home or visit a salon, the downside is that you cannot stop the hair from growing thus you need to repeat it in proper intervals. Here are a few ways you can effectively remove unwanted hair.
How to Remove Unwanted Hair Using Natural Products?
- Lemon and sugar: Mix a cup each of sugar and water and allow it to come to a boil. Once it reaches the one-string consistency, add lemon juice. Cool the mixture and apply it on the skin just like wax. Pull the home-made wax with a clean cloth. Lemon in mixture acts as a natural exfoliator, and the sugar helps the dough to stick to your body.
- Honey and lemon: Mix two tablespoon of sugar, one tablespoon of honey and lemon juice. Heat the mixture along with required water to form the one-string texture. Use it on the skin, just like wax. While lemon helps to exfoliate the skin, honey provides a moisturizing effect.
- Cornstarch and egg white: Take a tablespoon of sugar and cornstarch and mix it with egg white. Apply this mixture on your skin and let it dry. Once dry, you can peel it off. This way, you can remove all unwanted hair in the body.
Alum and Rosewater for Hair removal
In India, home remedies have existent since the ancient era. There were natural way for doing all the beauty therapies. For facial hair removal Alum was used. Mix 1 tsp of Alum powder (you can also crush a block or alum stone) in Rose water. Apply this mixture on the problem area. Rinse off when it gets dried up.
Read : Uses of Alum
Best Ways to Remove Unwanted Hair
- Shaving: This is one of the most common methods adopted by both men and women for removing unwanted hair from the body. Shaving removes hair by cutting it at skin level. It can be done using electric razors or disposable ones. The main advantage of shaving is that it is painless. You can do it very easily from anywhere within a matter of minutes. It is one of the cheapest methods to remove unwanted hair from the body. The only drawback of shaving is that the hair tends to grow back fast.
- Waxing: This method makes use of commercially available wax for removing hair. Warm wax is applied over hair growth and is then removed using a wax strip or a piece of cloth. The main advantage of waxing is that it removes hair from the root. Thus, you do not have to worry about the hair re-growing fast. Once done, the hair will re-grow only after two weeks. Waxing also makes your skin silky and smooth as all traces of hair is removed. However, waxing is a messy job. If not done correctly, the wax can get stuck on your body, which can be irritating. It is painful and may not be suited for sensitive skin. Moreover, for using this method, you need to have proper hair growth in your body.
- Using a tweezer: Tweezers are small tools that are used to pull out hair from the body and face. The tweezer consists of two arms with slant tips which can be used to pull out hair. The advantage of using tweezer is that it is easy to remove hair using it. Moreover, you can carry it conveniently in your handbag or purse. But if you want to remove hair from a large area like your hand or leg, then tweezers are not the right choice as it takes a lot of time to remove hair using a tweezer.
- Using an epilator: An epilator is a small battery-operated device that is used to remove hair from the root. You can remove hair from large areas like hands and legs using an epilator. The main advantage of using an epilator is that you will have hair-less skin for weeks as you remove the hair from the root. The new hair that grows will also be more delicate. Using an epilator is painful. Since each hair is pulled using an epilator, you should be able to withstand pain. However, once you become accustomed to epilation there is nothing as handy as an epilator. You can get rid of those unwanted strands anytime and anywhere.
- Laser hair removal: If you do not want hair to re-grow in short duration, then laser hair removal is the best choice. In this method, highly concentrated laser beams are used to remove hair from the follicle. The follicle absorbs light, and the hair gets destroyed. The main advantage of using laser hair removal is that you can use it in any part of the body. Whether it is your hand, leg, underarm, or bikini area, you can effectively use the laser. Moreover, hair can be removed very fast using a laser. The only drawback of laser hair removal is that it can be done only by a qualified skin specialist . Thus, you need to visit a skin clinic to get the hair removed.
Whatever method of hair removal you adopt, make sure that it suits your skin. Always do a trial or a patch test before using it all over the body.
- 5 Effective Fun Stress Relieving Activities You can Do At Home - September 25, 2020
- Homemade Mustard Face Mask For Flawless Skin - August 12, 2020
- Benefits and Uses of Alum | Phitkari for Skin and Acne Removal - August 5, 2020