Treating Chapped Dry Lips with Natural Home Remedies
Chapped, cracked and dry lips are the most painful and embarrassing conditions and they are very common, so almost every one of us have faced this problem atleast once in our lifetime. For those who suffer frequently, we are sharing here some of our best known home remedies for chapped lips.
- Wax on chapped lips: both beeswax and petroleum wax are used in lip balms. You can use it as a home remedy for chapped lips by melting the wax and applying it on the lips.
- Rock Salt Remedy: Cold winter winds are the most common cause of chapped lips, Rock salt (sendha namak in Hindi) mixed with clarified butter can be used as a home remedy for chapped lips.
- Rose Petals : Crush fresh rose petals and gently massage on the lips. If you find it hurting to apply them you can soak the rose petals in raw milk, by doing so you add lubricant to the crushed petals and they become more easy to apply.
- For curing painful chapped lips use 100% pure lanolin on your lips. this works even in the worst of cases. Lanolin aka wool wax comes from wool bearing animals. So my vegan friends please use this remedy on your own discretion.
- Cucumber is a complete solution to all your beauty problems and it works great for chapped lips too. In order to get best results you need to apply the juice several times a day on your lips. Just carry a big chunk of cucumber while going out and keep applying the juice once in every 2 hours. Keep for fifteen minutes and rinse off.
Butter and Cream Remedies For Dry Chapped Pouts
- Kokum Butter is although among the lesser known home remedies for chapped lips, but its absolutely amazing in dealing with cracked or chapped lips.
- Warm clarified butter throw in a pinch of salt and gently massage it on lips. The fat in clarified butter works as a natural moisturizer for lips and prevents excessive drying and cracking of lips.
- Fresh milk cream mixed with few drops of lemon juice make a good moisturizer for chapped lips.
How to Prevent chapped Cracked and Dry Lips in Winter
- Always wear moisturizer based lipstick, wearing matt lipsticks will make the lips dry.
- Never pull the chapped and peeling lips, I know its way too harder than it sounds ( even I keep peeling my lips 😉 ) but please its a complete no no.
- Do not expose your lips to Cold breeze of winters without wearing a lip balm.
- Keep your lovely lips hydrated and moisturized during winters.
Home remedies for chapped lips are no different from other natural remedies and vhey are mostly harmless and have no side effects. But if you are allergic to any ingredient of the remedy than you must not go for it, play safe and choose another remedy.
How to cure Chapped Lips
Chapped lips are usually caused due to cold and dry air. It is a painful condition wherein the lips become dry and cracked.
the most common cure for chapped lips is petroleum jelly. Although it works good but many people cannot stand the strong smell. Chapped lips can be cured with both home remedies as well as with otc products.
Symptoms of chapped / Cracked lips
Red and cracked lips
pain while smiling or talking
peeling out of the skin from lips
Tenderness and sensitivity
Repeatedly licking the lips also cause cracking and chapping of lips.
Causes of cracked chapped lips
Over exposure to dry cold air
Over exposure to hot sun
Dehydration in the body
Deficiency of vitamin A
How to cure Chapped Lips with Home Remedies
- Apply glycerin to the lips daily.
- Take out fresh cream from the milk (not the store bough cream). Mix few drops of lemon juice and rub this gently on the lips with the help of cotton ball.
- To cure chapped lips warm up clarified butter (ghee in hindi), add a pinch of salt and massage on the lips. this will help you get rid of chapped ugly lips fast.
- Mix black salt with clarified butter. Store it in a small bottle and carry it with you in winters. Use this several times in a day as you would use any other lip balm.
Related Post: Home Remedies for Chapped Lips
- Add few drops of lemon juice to glycerin and rub it on your face. This will help you to deal with dry skin.
- Drip few drops of clarified butter on your navel before going to bed. Do this regularly and you shall never suffer chapped lips.
- You suffer chapped lips mostly in winters due to the dryness, but it can happen in summers also. In summers rose petals can be used to cure chapped lips. Just take few petals and mash them, apply to the lips and see the difference.
Kokum Butter for curing chapped lips:
Kokum is a Garcinia Indica Tree’s fruit found in India. Kokum butter gets absorbed in the skin in no time. the fact that it melts in skin temperature makes it an excellent ingredient for lip balms. to heal, moisturize and soothe dry cracked lips mix wheat germ oil with kokum butter to make a lip balm. A variety of kokum based lip balms and moisturizers are available in the market, but this remedy works as good as any store bought lip balm will work.
- Vitamin A plays vital role in skin repair and rejuvenation. Ensure adequate intake of vitamin A in your daily diet.
to cure chapped lips
If nothing seems to be helping , there is still one thing that shall save you from those pailfull chapped lips, yes you got it right, its Carmex, a classic lip balm with Cocoa butter, Aloe butter, Vitamin E, Shea butter Petroleum jelly phenol etc. Carmex lip balm has numerous positive reviews all over the web, left by its users, but since it is a prescription medication you should consult your physician before using it.
Tips to get rid of Chapped Lips
Stay Drunk : Chapped lips are a result of dehydration. Drinking water and keeping yourself hydrated shall keep your lips moisturized. In severe cold winters you can also use air humidifier in your home and office to prevent chapping of lips.
Stop Licking : Some people have the habit of licking their lips over and over again. By licking you remove all the oil present on the lips. Lips do not have oil glands but oil from surrounding area may be present on the lips. No matter how strong the instinct is, do not lick your lips.
Give your toothpaste a check: Flavoring agents found in the toothpaste might cause allergy to certain people and they lead to chapped lips.
It is not just the cold and dry air of winters that dries up our lips. Mr. sun also loves to fry your lips. In hot summers use a lip balm that contains sunscreen in it.
Curing chapped lips is not the deal, the most important thing is to take care of your lips in all the seasons and give them the extra care and nutrition so that they don’t chap, crack or peel but remain pink, soft and healthy.