Tennis Elbow also know as Lateral Epicondylitis is a condition wherein severe burning pain is experienced in the outer part of the elbow.This pain is due to the soreness in the tendons of the lateral or outer part of the elbow.
Causes of Tennis Elbow
- Overuse of forearm muscle. Repeated motions of elbow and wrist causes tear in tendons.
- Poor technique in backhand stroke while playing tennis and other similar games involving excessive movements of forearm.
- Overdoing activities that causes strain in forearm muscles.
- Repeated twisting and turning of wrist can also cause tennis elbow.
- Excessive pressure on radial nerve.
Tennis Elbow Symptoms (Lateral Epicondylitis) Read More
- Pain in the outer part of the elbow.
- Pain while lifting or grasping object.
- Experience of severe pain while doing activities that involve movement of forearm and wrist.
- Pain while extending the forearm completely.
- Pain is also accompanied by weakness in the forearm and wrist.
Also See: Epicondylitis
Tennis Elbow Treatment can involve any one or combinations of following methods:
Once a person is diagnosed with Tennis Elbow or any other injury or medical condition he /she immediately starts digging the search engines. Knowing the fact that this problem is going to be intensely painful and moreover will be restricting your movement one cannot think of living with it even for a day.
Then what should you do? Well you must first calm down and seek professional help. After consultation and your primary check-up you will be aware about the severity of the problem and also the available mode of treatments and their associated cost and expenses. This is when you should be able to decide your most feasible treatment method.
- By wearing supports like Tennins Elbow Braces, elbow straps, arm bands etc.
- By taking Physical therapy for Tennis Elbow
- By doing exercises.
- By using Home Remedies
Home Remedies For Tennis Elbow
RICE it Up
Give complete rest to the arm muscles avoid doing any activity that may cause strain in the tendons.
- Apply ice packs to the elbow joint for 10-15 mins . Repeat this after two hours. This is a very effective home remedy that will soothe the pain and reduce the burning sensation in the affected area.
Elbow Supports : Tennis Elbow Wraps
- Use elbow straps this gives compression to the sore muscles. Compression limits the swelling and in some cases, relief from pain is also experienced by the sufferer.
- Celery seed is indeed very helpful in dealing with this painful condition. Extract the fluid from the seeds and take 5-10 drops diluted in hot water before meals.
- Avocado fruit has various health benefits and the oil extracted from Avocado has anti inflammatory and pain relieving properties. You best bet would be to gently massage the effected elbow joint with avocado oil. It will give soothing effect to the inflamed tissues and the tissues around the joint.
- Bake potatoes and wrap them in a clean cloth to make a poultice, wrap it around the effected elbow joint. This will certainly reduce the stiffness and pain.
Wear Elbow Wraps
Now you dont need a highly sophisticate or state of the art kind of strap, all you need is a strap that will wrap around your elbow, provide soft cushioning while your elbow is in resting position. It should also provide mild compression.
Tennis Elbow ExercisesFollowing are some Tennis elbow exercises Video:
Tennis Elbow Self Examination Stretch
How to do Tennis Elbow Stretch Exercise
Tennis elbow is a repetitive stress injury (RSI) affecting the tendons that connect the forearm to the upperarm. Proper stretching, as directed by a doctor or physical therapist, can help alleviate some of the pain.
Ever Tried Home Remedies as Your Weapon for Combating Dandruff.Home remedies for dandruff are effective, side effect free and economic.Going green and using natural products is trending , then why not try some natural ways to eliminate those nasty flakes.
What is Dandruff or Flaking/ Scurf ?
Dandruff, medically known as seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, to be more specific seborrhea that occurs on the scalp is shedding of dead cells from the scalp in form of white flakes. Normal Flaking of dead cells is ok but excessive scaling may damage your hair and it can also lead to pimples and acne on forehead and back.
Dandruff may Lead to moderate to Excessive Hair fall
Dandruff sticks to the scalp and it tends to weaken the roots of hair which further leads to hair fall.
Also read : Home Remedies for Hair Fall
Causes and Natural Remedies for Dandruff
What causes dandruff ?
Poor head hygiene
Excessively dry scalp
Synthetic hair products (shampoos, conditioners, hair gels and sprays)
Intestinal disorders like constipation and indigestion.
12 Natural Remedies for Dandruff
1. Coconut Oil
The first and most widely used home remedy for dandruff is coconut oil. Warm the coconut oil and massage your scalp with this oil. keep it for atleast 12 hours and then rub the scalp gently with fingers or brush.
Also Read : Coconut Oil Uses and Benefits
2. Fenugreek Seed
Packed with plenty of medicinal properties Fenugreek seed is also known for its anti-fungal properties that helps in combating dandruff. Soak fenugreek seed in water overnight and grind it in the morning to make a paste. Apply this paste on the scalp . This fenugreek seed pack can also be mixed with yogurt and applied on scalp for better results.
3. Aloe vera Gel
Aloe vera gel and juice both work great for hair. It is used in many skin care and hair care products. Aloevera gel makes a perfect home remedy for dandruff. This gel is also used in many anti dandruff shampoos. Take aloevera gel and spread it in your palms, now rub the gel gently on your scalp. Shampoo your hair after keeping it for almost 15-20 min. Smooth and silky hair comes as a bonus with this remedy.
4. The acidic Lemon juice
As lemon juice is purely acidic in nature it removes all the impurities and particles from the scalp. But it can be a little harsh on the skin to apply it without diluting the juice. Mix the juice with olive oil and apply all over the scalp. Olive Oils helps in rejuvenating the scalp by getting rid of the damage caused due to the dandruff. Lemon juice and Olive oil makes a perfect combination for dandruff free and healthy hair.
5. Eggs works Amazingly
Eggs are full with vitamins, Proteins and fatty acids which helps is removing scurf and replenishing the nutrients in the scalp. Eggs can also be used to treat dandruff. Take 2 eggs, beat them and mix with lukewarm water (caution: we do not want to poach the egg so take slightly lukewarm water just to break the chill). Apply this on the head (scalp and hair both). wash it off when it dries.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment for Dandruff
The anti fungal properties of apple cider vinegar makes it one of the best natural treatments for dandruff. Mix equal part of warm water with equal part of apple cider vinegar. Spay this mixture on your scalp and hair. Leave it for 15 mins and rinse it off. Be careful while spraying the mixture. It should not enter your ears or eyes. This is one of the best home remedies for dandruff
7. Yogurt a Natural Remedy
This is probably the simplest to do and cheapest of all dandruff home remedies. Apply the yogurt, leave it for 20-30 min and then wash it off. Do not let the yogurt dry out completely as it will make you hair dry. If you are using frozen yogurt then you must bring it to room temperature before applying on the scalp.
8. Brandy : Booze that Scurf
Just as beer makes a good homemade hair conditioner brandy makes a good home remedy for dandruff. Dampen a cotton ball with brandy and apply it on the scalp. Massage the scalp gently and rinse.
9. Thyme concoction for dandruff
Boil 4 tsp of thyme with 2 cups of water for 10 mins. Strain it and massage the head with this concoction. You can also use this as a final rinse after shampoo for wonderful smell and texture for hair.
10.The Camphor (Kaphoor in Hindi) Remedy
Mixed with coconut oil is helpful in getting snow free hair without hassles. Massage thrice in a week and see he results in form of dandruff free and lustrous hair. Those allergic to strong smell should avoid using this remedy.
11. Oils for dandruff
Oil massage is the best way to pamper your tresses. Some of the oils that can be used for massaging the scalp during your anti dandruff regime are Olive oil, Coconut oil, almond oil, Neem oil with few drops of essential oils like Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Chamomile essential oil etc.
12. Neem Oil (Indian Lilac Oil) and Paste for Dandruff
Neem is used for treating a variety of ailments in Ayurveda. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and it is used in various health and beauty products like shampoo, face-pack, tooth-paste, soap, face wash etc.
Neem can be employed to treat dandruff both in form of oil and paste. The scalp becomes dry and itchy due to dandruff, Neem oil can relieve you from this problem. Just massage your scalp with Neem oil and the redness and itching along with dandruff will go away.
Make paste by grinding fresh Neem leaves and apply it on the scalp. Leave it on for 15-20 mins and rinse off. If you find the smell too strong to tolerate you can shampoo your hair after rinsing away the neem paste.
The Do’s To Have Dandruff Free Hair
- Keep your scalp and hair clean. Wash them atleast twice a week.
- Cover your head with a scarf while going out to keep it safe from dirt, smoke and harmful sun rays.
- Dry scalp is a common cause of dandruff. Take oil massage on your head atleast once in a week.
- Limit the use of harsh chemical based hair styling products like hair styling gels and sprays.
- Use herbal shampoo instead of chemical based shampoo considering the texture and type of your hair.
- Dandruff on face can lead to acne problems. If you are suffering from dandruff then keep your hair off your face and forehead.
- If you are suffering form excessive dandruff problem then you also need to cut down on oily and spicy food to get rid of scurf.
Home remedies for dandruff treatment can be clubbed with use of some good anti dandruff products. But try choose herbal products and limit the use of chemicals on hair.
How Does Snoring Occur
This question hits the mind of every person whose sleeping partner snores….
Stertor as termed medically is the unpleasant sound that one makes when he/she breathes while sleeping. This is commonly known as snoring. It is caused due to the vibration of respiratory structures that are in relaxed/collapsed state while sleeping. These respiratory structures are mainly the uvula and the soft pallate (back of the roof of mouth). The vibration in respiratory structure is due to the blockage in the airway which causes obstruction in the air movement.
It’s actually pretty simple. There is always some kind of obstruction in the breathing passages that cause snoring. The airflow in the breathing passage automatically becomes irregular if there is any blockade there.
As the airflow becomes irregular, the soft tissues in the breathing passage will start to flap, making the irritating snoring sound.
The noise really gets loud when the soft palate (soft part at the back of the upper part of the mouth) begins to flap around. This most often happens when the soft palate is weak (not too big like most people claim).
It can be very complicated to cure snoring despite the fact, it only has one main cause. The reason is that the blockade vary so much. And what’s worse, most people have more than one type of block, causing their snoring.
How to Stop Snoring Naturally With Home Remedies
A person who snores may have several other issues which are side effects of snoring like, choking / gasping while sleeping, irritability, depression etc. Snoring also affect the partners of the snorers, if sleeping in same room. No wonder there are 100’s of divorce petition filed every year on grounds on the spouse being a loud snorer. I you and your partner are being affected due to snoring, try these home remedies to stop snoring.
Sleep On Sides
- While sleeping on back our tongue tends to fall back towards the throat and thus creates obstruction in the airway which results in snoring. The sufferer should lay on his/her sides instead of resting on back.
Keep Head Elevated
- Elevating the head of the bed and taking pillows also facilitate the right posture that helps in minimizing the snoring problem.
Avoid Smocking and Alcohol
- Smoking is not only hazardous for our overall health but it also adds to the snoring trouble as it aggravates the tissues of the throat. So quit smoking and let your partner sleep well.
- Dont drink alcohol or coffee immediately before going to bed. Alcohol usually acts as a relaxant as a result of which it may relax the tongue and throat and add to the problem of snoring
Reduce Body Weight
- Lose some weight if you are too bulky and overweight. The fatty tissue of your neck also causes blockage in the airway. This is probably the most effective remedy to stop snoring.
- Do not make a habit of taking sleeping pills. Do some sports activities during day instead, to keep yourself healthy and fit.
Use Stop Snoring Products
- You can also use nasal strips if you suffer from severe snoring problem. A stop snore pillow may also help
Get Yourself Checked
- Try to get chronic allergies treated, if you have any.
- Get checked for Sinus related problems, digestive disorder and Chest Cold, if you have any of these problems you are very likely to snore.
- If nothing works for you then see an ENT specialist. there are variety of treatments available to fix the snoring problem.
Yoga And Exercises
- Do jaw exercises that helps to stop snoring. There are several mouth exercises that will help in alleviating snoring problems, but you must always consult an expert before starting any exercise routine. Doing certain yoga poses and Pranayams can be a natural solution to snoring problem.
It is important for everyone who snores to fix the snoring problem as it may lead to other health issues as well. There are clinics that offer special program to help people stoop snoring, then there are home remedies that are always available to everyone. Anti snore products like nasal strips, pillow, snore bands, Oral Appliances all are meant to help you stop snoring without going heavy on medicines, take help of these remedies and cope with your snoring problem.
Losing weight is not a miracle that can happen overnight. Prior to every effort that you plan to put into your weight loss regime comes your commitment and discipline towards your aim. It is usually not as easy as stated by various weight loss programs and at the same time it is as easy as making simple changes in your daily routine and eating habitsMarket is flooding with weight loss gadgets and diet pills but still we are not happy with the results we get after using such products. This is because of the blind dependency to get instant results on such lose weight fast products. Although there are good herbal products also that can help u reduce weight but its difficult to differentiate them from scammers. Considering Home remedies to lose weight will not cost you much as most of the ingredients required are already sitting in your kitchen pantry, other benefit of using natural way to lose weight is that it wont lead to any side effects. The secret of weight loss lies in making simple and easy alterations in your diet and life style and not in theses gadgets and diet pills.
How to start an effective weight loss program
Before I share the easiest natural methods to reduce weight let me bring to you the secret of success, these unsaid rules work wonders:
1. Move around.
Don’t keep your body passive. Doing so will increase the amount of calorie that you need to burn out in order to lose weight.
- Walk up and down the stair cases. Avoid using elevators.
- Go for a morning walk, go to work walking if there is no time for morning walk.
Watch Your Meals
Don’t fall in the temptation of second serving. Stop eating when you feel you are full and satisfied. There is no need to stuff you tummy.
Include Healthy Food In Your Diet
- Consume eatable which are rich in fiber and have low fat in them.
- Avoid taking crash diet, it may be helpful in instant weight loss but you are more likely to gain the weight back after some time.
- Increase the intake of fluid and green vegetables in your diet.
Home Remedies for losing weight fast Naturally At Home
Losing weight naturally is not impossible but it requires patience and dedication and requires that you strictly follow your weight loss regime.
Can I lose weight without exercise?
Yes you can lose weight without exercise also by following simple weight loss tips mentioned below. However it is always recommended to do exercise at least thrice a week to lose weight fast.
Most Effective Natural Methods to Reduce Weight
1. Using Lemon For Weight Loss
Lemon is the most common ingredient of weight loss diet and it is exceptionally effective too. Squeeze half a lemon in one bottle of water drink this water whenever you feel thirsty.The Famous Lemonade diet : It is also called Master Cleanse or maple syrup diet. A lot of celebrities including Beyonce and Megan Fox have admitted that they use lemonade diet to stay fit and to flush out toxins from their body.
The Lemonade diet is basically a cleanser but it has proven properties that also encourages faster weight loss. The Lemonade diet recipe uses fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, filtered water, cayenne pepper and Sea Salt.
2. Cabbage Juice Diet To Lose Weight Fast
Cabbage Juice Diet: This can work wonders if used properly. Drink cabbage juice it is less in calories and rich in vitamins. You will see the results within a week.
Note: Thyroid patients must not use cabbage diet.
3. Bottle Gourd (Louki) Juice
Bottle Gourd has got good amount of fiber in it. Take it in salad or drink its juice both are equally beneficial. It has all essential minerals, irons and proteins.
Bottle Gourd juice should be taken early in the morning to get the best results.
*CAUTION: Do not drink bottle gourd juice if it tastes bitter, in the year 2018, a lady was admitted to a hospital in the city of Pune India, it was reported that the lady consumed bottle gourd juice after her morning exercise. It was confirmed later that the juice she consumed was bitter which turned out to be fatal for her.
4. Cinnamon Tea for Losing Weight Fast
Drinking cinnamon tea is a well known home remedy to burn that fat, it is inexpensive and does not require any strict diet regime to follow.Ensure that you use only Ceylon Cinnamon for making your weight loss tea. Cassia or any other type of cinnamon will not get you any result.
5. Use Green Tea for Losing Weight
Get the best quality green tea for your weight loss program. Green tea has many health benefits out of which one is weight loss. To shed pounds naturally start drinking green tea daily.
To Brew Your fat burner
Take a tea bag and place it in a cup. Add boiling water to it and let it brew for 2 minutes. If the tea is not as strong as you would prefer brew it for another two minutes. It takes maximum 5 minutes of brewing to get the best out of the tea and then you are good to go.
Do not add any sweetener to it as this is meant for burning calories, by adding sweet you will end up adding calories to it which is not what we are wanting to do here. You must drink 4-5 cups daily to get desired results. Drink intermittently through out the day.
You can brew some extra tea for your hair as green tea hair rinse is an excellent stimulator of hair growth
6. Honey and Lemon Drink
The most common home remedy for loosing weight is mixing 2 tsp of honey and juice of one lemon in a glass full of lukewam water. This remedy cannot do any wonder alone but if accompanied with healthy and balanced diet and physically active life style it really works.
7. The HCG Diet
Any diet program that limits your calorie intake will result in weight loss. The HCG diet for Weight Loss focuses on low calorie intake which is believed to be the primary reason of weight loss, along with the diet plan HCG Hormones are also administered as a part of the HCG diet program.
No matter what remedy you choose, follow the following tips always to enhance the effectiveness of the weight loss remedies
Eat Organic: Replace junk food with organic food in your daily diet.
Limit the intake of sugar: Avoid eating chocolates (im sorry gals) and candies.
Lead a stress free life: Depression and stress are also culprits for weight gain. So try to do meditation early in the morning. Give yourself 10 minutes to make a to-do-list for the day, this way you will be able to deal with hectic schedules and your routine will be more organised.
Cook food in vegetable oil instead of butter and ghee.(especially for us Indians)
- Replace you milk tea with green tea, ginger tea or lemon tea.
- Make a regular habit of eating 1-2 ripe tomatoes daily. This also helps in losing weight.
- If you are fond of non-veg prefer chicken and fish over red meat. Go for baked and roasted dishes instead of deep fried recipe.
- Limit the intake of salty food like bacon and potato chips.
- Make a habit of eating Salad daily. Include mint leaves, beetroot and tomatoes in your salad. You can play with spices and herbs to jazz up your salads.
- Eat an apple in the morning and also before meals it will make you feel full and will curb down your desire to eat more. Apple is a good source of fiber, minerals and vitamin. Thus it keeps you healthy and good health is always a key factor in successful completion of any weight loss program.
Say no to these
- Soda drinks
- Junk food.
- Refined food
- Bunking Meals
No one can lose weight in 3 days, but if proper weight loss program is chosen and followed, results can be seen within the first week itself.
It is embarrassing to realize that in a bus people near you are shrinking their nose, and it takes a lot to accept that yes i am stinking, but do not worry you can save yourself the embarrassment. Try to get rid of body odor naturally using these easy home remedies for body odor problems especially to remove armpit odor. What inspired me to share these natural ways to deal with body odor in my blog is that using these remedies has very less chances of side effects. We all are aware that the deodorants available in the market sometimes may result in darkened and irritated skin.
What is Body Odor ?
Body odor is an unpleasant smell that comes out from an individuals body. The causes for body odor vary from person to person and depends on various factors like gender, medication, fungal infections, genetics etc.
Perspiration is part of cooling process of the body. Do you know sweat does not have any bad smell of its own? It actually reacts with the bacteria accumulated on the skin and releases an unpleasant odor. The temperature of the underarm area is warm, when sweat mixes with the bacteria present on the skin it dwells due to the warm and moist condition that it gets in the armpit region and emanates odor.
7 Effective Home Remedies to Get Rid of Body Odor
1. Vinegar Dab-on For Eliminating Body Odor
Take apple cider vinegar in a cotton ball and dab it on the armpit. This helps to reduce body odor effectively.
Use of antibacterial soap and deodorant soap while bathing works good if the body odor is due to excessive sweating / perspiration.
2. Use Baking Soda
Powder the under-arms with baking soda. Mix baking soda in warm water and soak the feet to eliminate foot odor naturally.
3. Tomato juice Soak
Add half cup of tomato juice in bath water and soak yourself for 15 mins in it before bathing, this will help to cure body odor naturally.
4. Treat with Herbs
Another good home remedy for body odor is Tea-tree and Rosemary, both these anti bacterial herbs can be mixed in form of essential oil with water and applied where needed.
5. Milk of Magnesia to Eliminate Body odor
Consumption of alcohol and smoking also adds to the body odor problem. Magnesium hydroxide aka Milk of Magnesia is a wonderful home remedy for body odor. Milk of Magnesia acts as a natural deodorant and removes body odor, once applied after shower it lasts for the entire day.
6. Gram Flour And Yogurt Paste
Make a paste with gram flour and yogurt. Gently massage your body with this ubtan (paste) before bathing. This will open up the pores and will allow your skin to breathe well, thus aiding in elimination of body odour.
7. Try out a Body detox
There can be different reasons for having body odor problem. Sometimes the reason may be within the body. The undigested food or improper digestion may lead to toxin build up within the body. To flush out these toxins a good detox program can be considered. The detox will leave the body fresh and clean, thus will also support in eliminating body odor. You may try this simple home body detox.
8. Eat green leafy vegetables
Leafy Veggies like Spinach, Parsley, Garden Cress, these leafy veggies have Chlorophyll which is believed to act as an internal deodorant. According to a study listed in NCBI website, “the administration of chlorophyllin tablets was found to be helpful in controlling body and fecal odors”. Here it is very important for me to mention that before you choose to take Chrophyll supplementation you must first consult a physician for professional guidance.
However you can go by the home remedy i.e eating food that has high content of Chlorophyll in it like Parsley and Kale. Juicing it out is the best way to retain the nutritive value of the greens.
Fishy Body Odor
Fish Odor Syndrome ( Trimethylaminuria )
While the common body odor is an embarrassing condition and can be controlled and managed with several home remedies, natural ways to remove BO and even with commercial. OTC products, fishy body odor is a serious condition.
Fishy body odor is caused due to a condition called trimethylaminuria. It is a condition in which the body is unable to turn trimethylamine which is a chemical with strong smell into a non smelly chemical . This leads to significant build-up of trimethylamine in the body and it makes its way to the sweat. Besides this, Fishy odor syndrome can also be genetic.
In this condition one will experience a strong fishy smell from body. You may or may not notice that body smells like fish after eating fish in particular.
How to Get Rid of Fish Odor Syndrome
There is not too much information on natural remedies for Fish odor syndrome. But certainly there are studies that show that Activated Charcoal, supplements and certain antibiotics have been preferred in the the management of trimethylaminuria.
Practice these tips daily to get rid of body odor
- Take these important measures to avoid bad smelling body
- Adding some drops of rose water to the bath water is one simple and effective home remedy for body odor.
- Dry well the underarm and groin area after shower or bath.
- Use baby powder for underarms instead of chemical based deodorants to keep the perspiration area dry.
- Wear clean and washed clothes everyday even if you feel it is smelling ok.
- Poor hygiene give germs and bacteria chance to grow on you skin. By maintaining good hygiene you can keep body odor problem at bay.