Homemade Facial Scrub
Skin plays a very significant role in excretion of toxins from body. Thus its necessary to keep the skin pores clean., this can be done by exfoliating the skin using homemade facial scrubs. There a lot of very good facial scrubs available in the market but homemade facial scrubs works great as natural skin exfoliator.
Scrubbing in beauty and cosmetology is a technique of exfoliating the skin by gently massaging a scrubbing medium aka. scrub on the face.
Homemade Facial Scrub Recipes Benefits:
Scrub removes dead skin from the surface of the skin.
Scrubbing opens up the clogged pores of face.
After completing the facial scrub procedure the skin becomes fresh and it absorbs all the goodness and nutrition of the facial pack applied after scrubbing.
The most commonly used Ready made facial scrubs are :
Combination scrub with both apricot and walnut.
The most widely use Homemade facial scrubs are
Lemon sugar face scrub
Homemade Facial Scrub Recipe
Some More DIY Face Scrub Recipes
1. Homemade Sugar Face Scrub
- SUGAR makes a great scrub for exfoliating the skin at home. Mix granulated sugar with almond oil in 2:1 ratio respectively. Wet your skin and apply the scrub on the face and scrub it in circular motion. Remember you have to be very gentle while scrubbing your facial skin.
2. Make your own Almond Facial Scrub:
- Grind almond and mix it with mayonnaise to make a paste. Use this paste as scrub. after scrubbing leave this for another 10 mins then rinse off.
3. Homemade Oatmeal Face Scrub Recipe
- Grind Oatmeal, Corn meal and few sunflower seeds together, to the powder add few drops of essential oils and use water as base to make paste out of all ingredients. Use this as a facial scrub. Mix oatmeal and baking soda in 2:1 ratio. gently scrub your face with this mixture in circular motion. Mix 1 tsp of honey with ground almond to make a thin consistency paste. Dampen your face and start scrubbing the almond honey paste on the paste. Rinse off once done.
- Should be done 5-10 mins doing it for longer period may hurt the skin and can cause redness too.
Homemade Reetha Shikakai Amla Shampoo Recipe
The classic Homemade Soap Nut Shampoo (100% Natural)
Sapindus aka Soap Nut or Reetha means Soap of India, the shells of reetha contains good amount of Saponin which is a natural surfacant and this is why it has been used for washing the hair by the women since the time when there were no chemically formulated soaps and shampoos for them to use.
Also Read: Homemade Reetha Amla Shikakai Shampoo
- Nourishes the hair
- Cleanses the hair extremely well
- Retains the natural oils unlike the chemical based shampoo that destroys the natural oils and make the hair frizzy and dry.
- The presence of shikakai promotes hair growth.
- The Amla retains the natural color of hair and prevents premature graying. It also acts as conditioning agent for hair.
- Will give natural shine to the hair leaving lustrous tresses for you to flaunt
Acacia Concinna) 75 gms
Also Read : Homemade hair conditioner recipe
|Reetha/Aritha – Homemade Shampoo|
Boil the mixture next morning till the water reduces to half. Cool it to room temperature.Your natural shampoo is ready to be used right-away.
While the shampoo cleanses and nourishes your hair, conditioner gives that shiny silky and beautiful look to the hair. Shampoo must be followed by hair conditioning. You can make your hair conditioners by using homemade hair conditioner recipe.
Homemade Egg Shampoo Recipe
The egg whites does the cleaning of hair and the yolks will do the conditioning.
Things you will requireEgg 1
Canola oil 1 tsp
Lemon Juice 1 Tsp
Castile Soap 1 tbs
Essential oil (2-3 drops) of your choice
Beat the egg till you get foam floating on top. A well aerated egg will make the shampoo lighter and easy to apply all over the hair.
Combine all the ingredients with the beaten egg
Put the mixture into the blender and blend it all to form the shampoo.
Apply this Egg shampoo to the hair and massage gently. Leave it for 10 mins and then rinse it away.
This shampoo must be followed by deep conditioning. If you are using a homemade natural conditioner do not use an egg based conditioner rather use a vinegar based conditioner so that it removes the smell of eggs from the hair
The Homemade Egg shampoo is ready for use. This will leave your hair clean and shiny.
DIY Soap Bark and Hibiscus Shampoo
The inner bark of the Soap bark (Quillaja saponaria)tree has Saponin in it which is a natural sudsing agent which means it can produce lather when mixed with water. Soap Bark Shampoo is an excellent natural cleansing shampoo that removes the dirt, film and oil from the hair. This shampoo is not very common in India but it has been used since ancient times by women in other parts of the world to cleanse their hair. This shampoo has excellent cleansing properties but for other hair benefits likes hair growth, moisturizing properties and texture it needs to be enriched with other ingredients that contains the nutrients that are vital for hair health. In this recipe I will be using Hibiscus flower petals for enriching the shampoo.
Things You Need
Soap Bark chips (Inner bark chips): 1 tbsp
Water: half a litre
Hibiscus Flower Petals (ordinary flower) of 2-3 flowers
A few drops of Rosemary Essential oil
To make this natural shampoo to get beautiful hair you first need to simmer the soap bark chips in water, do not boil and burn, just simmer till the water is reduced to half and it shall be done. Now crush the Hibiscus petals and add to the Soap bark de-coction, add the Rosemary oil also at this stage. Apply this shampoo on and you will see it produces lather however you wont see a huge mass of foam, but the produced lather will be enough to clean the hair and in removing the film from the hair, the Hibiscus petals will do their part by nourishing the hair.
Try out these amazing natural shampoo recipes to get beautiful hair naturally and do come back to share your experience. if you have your wonderful shampoo, share it with us.