Interested in buying lumosacral belt in India?If Yes, then reading this article will certainly help you in making the right choice. Lumbosacral belts, as the name suggests are the belts that are worn on the lower back. The belt essentially covers the lumbar vertebrae (lower part of the spine) and the Sacrum (the triangular bone below the lumbar region.
The key feature of a lumbosacral belt is that it must provide rigid support to the weakened or injured support, it should also be comfortable enough so that it can be used for longer period of time at a stretch. It usually comprises of melleable splints that provides reinforcement to the back thus reducing the pain.
How Does a Lumbosacral Belt Help In The Management Of Lower Back Pain
Most of the brands available in Indian market are non medicated, so you must not expect them to treat the pain or alleviate the cause of pain and discomfort. Wearing a Lumbosacral belt or brace will certainly help by providing you comfort and will reduce the pain by reducing pressure on the spine. It will provide an environment for healing various spinal conditions like Spondylitis, lumbosacral Spondylosis etc.
Talking about the Indian subcontinent, Lumbosacral belts have caught a lot of attention in past few years, people working in IT industry and in Call centers are required to sit for long hours and they mostly tend to sit in improper posture which causes pain in their lower back this is one among the various reasons of increased demand of back support belts in India. These lumbar support belts come in a variety of sizes and with different material, based on which the cost of the belt differs. The two most commonly used belts in india are contoured lumbosacral belts and non contoured belts. The contoured LS supports are ergonomically designed whereas the normal LS Belt has a straight splint usually made up of fibre, the size ranges from small to XXl.
With the emergence and growing popularity of e-commerce, buying belts for lower back pain in India has become easy, you can go online and search, compare and buy the products that best suits your requirement, I have compiled this list to make your job even easier, however this list includes my personal choice should you wish, you can explore the market and choose your best buy.
Best Lumbar Support Belts In India Available Online and in Stores
Flamingo Lumbar Sacro Belt
Brand : Flamingo
Flamingo is the brand name which became famous with the launch of its much popular orthopedic heat belt. The company then entered and captured a good market share in the Orthopedic Support products.
About the Product
- The product claims to improve posture and also check the abdominal sagging by provide compression. Its a wide belt and thus provide good coverage.
- The double pull feature ads to the strength of the belt.
- Its available in four sizes.
- Useful in management of lumbosacral spondylolysis, osteoporotic pain of the lumbar spines, post discketomy care, lumbosacral or sacroiliac mechanical due to poor posture
Vissco Sacro Lumbar Back Belt
Vissco is probably the longest known brand that manufactures Orthopedic Rehabilitation Aids in India. They have been there and doing that for over 50 years now.
What they say about this product
- Made from ventilated elastic which facilitates air flow
- Designed to provide rigid and comfortable back-support / lumbosacral support
- Made from special fiber malleable molded material
- Double elastic strapping for firm support
They offer an array of products for Lumbo Sacral Spine with different specifications and sizes Check Store
Tynor LS Belt Lumbopore
Tynor Orthotics is again an Indian brand, it has gained popularity in the recent times and is now exporting across the seas also. They are highly experimental and they update their products whenever there is any new development in the niche.
What Company Claims
- Extra porous
- Anatomically shaped
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Double pull mechanism
- Semi rigid contoured splints
Schneider Orthopaedic Lumbosacral Corset Padded
Schneider Orthopaedic is a well known brand from Maharashtra, their product quality is very good and is at par with the leading brands of the orthopedic rehab industry.
What They Claim
- Provides rigid support to the lumbosacral region
- Controls chronic low back pain
- Ergonomically designed
- Breathable side elastic straps with foam padding at the ends
- Additional strap for extra compression and support
Price : Rs.550.00 (their price is same for all the sizes)
This completes the list for best lumbar sacral belts available in india as far as my choice is conceremned but the market has many other brands too that have been there for quite sometime now and are doing well. You can Check Out other brands here
Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
may vary from person to person. One of the most typical tennis elbow symptoms is severe pain in the lateral epicondyle i.e the outer part of the elbow. In many cases the pain runs down the forearm to the wrist.
Following are some of the:
Main Symptoms of Tennis elbow | Lateral Epicondylitis
|Tennis Elbow Symptoms- Tennis Elbow Treatments|
- Soreness in the outer part of the elbow
- Burning pain in the outer part of the elbow.
- Difficulty in lifting objects.
- Stiffness and pain is experience while moving or bending the elbow joint.
- Weak Wrist: Difficulty in doing jobs that require movement of wrist like assembly jobs or even shaking hands.
- Pain while palpating the lateral part of the elbow. This pain is due to the inflammation in the tendons.
- Pain while writing.
- Pain while twisting or extending the wrist
Tennis elbow injuries may lasts from few months to 2 years. The intensity of the pain may vary from slight discomfort to severe unbearable pain. The severe pain can be felt even while sleeping and when the elbow is in resting position.
When you realize that you are experiencing the symptoms of tennis elbow then you must immediately stop doing all the activities that will cause more damage to the inflamed elbow.
Tennis elbow Treatment : There are various approaches and methods to treat tennis elbow some of which are:
Use of painkillers for tennis elbow treatment
Use of physiotherapy for treating tennis elbow
Shock wave Therapy
Acupuncture is also use for Tennis elbow treatment
Surgery : This is probably the last option for the treatment of tennis elbow
Ultra Sound and and laser treatment
Tennis Elbow Exercises
Also See Tennis Elbow Exercise
Besides all these Tennis Elbow Treatment option there is one more option that can help you in recovering from tennis elbow and that option is the use of Home Remedies for tennis elbow.
Also Read: Home Remedies for Tennis Elbow Treatment
Upon the onset of tennis elbow you should immediately start taking the prevention for tennis elbow by doing so you save yourself from suffering severe and long lasting pain.
More Injuries with symptoms similar to Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
As with any other disease right diagnosis is very important in this injury also, condition like radial tunnel syndrome which is a disorder that causes pain in the elbow and upper arm have symptoms similar to the symptoms of tennis elbow. This makes it confusing to determine what is causing the pain, thus it is recommended to seek expert medical advise and diagnosis in case any tennis elbow symptoms are felt and observed
Thanks for reading Tennis Elbow Symptoms.
What is Lumbosacral Spondylosis ?
Pain in lower back, Symptoms, Cause and Back Support Belt
is a condition which ocuurs at the point where the last vertebra of Lumbar Spine (L5) meets the first vertebra of Sacrum. It is degenerative in nature and is also referred as osteoarthritis of spine. This is usually a painful condition which may lead to some neurological problems as well. The degeneration of spinal vertebra is also called wear and tear of the vertebra; most common reason of wear and tear in vertebrae is aging. People above the age of 40 are more at risk for developing lumbosacral spondylosis
Degenerative disc disease is natural and almost all of us have degenerative disc disease to a certain degree in our old age, however all he person having DDD may not feel the pain necessarily nor is it necessarily hat every patient will developthe symptoms.The ligaments (fibrous issues that connects the bones) that surrounds the vertebrae are called annulus fibrosis, these tissues gets brittle with growing age and becomes vulnerable to tear.Lumbosacral region is that part of spine where the last vertebra of lumbar spine and first vertebra of sacral spine attach.Other Types of Spondylosis :
Cervical Spondylosis: When the degeneration of vertebral joint occurs in cervical region (C1-C7) it is termed as cervical spondylosis.
Lumbar Spondylosis: The degeneration of the lower spine i.e is the lumbar region (L1-L5)Spondylosis is very often confused with Spondylitis, however both are different conditions.Spondylosis: It is a condition which indicates wearing down or degeneration in the spinal vertebra (spine).Spondylitis : Describes inflammation in the spinal vertebra. It is a common cause of neck and back pain in elderly people.
Causes of Lumbosacral Spondylosis
Aging: As the age increases the disc present between the vertebrae deteriorates. This deterioration causes stiffness or decrease in flexibility and may results in lumbosacral spondylosis
Traumatic Injury in the lower spine can also be a reason of developing lumbosacral spondylosis
Hereditary or genetic abnormalities are also among the causes of lumbosacral spondylosis
Obesity: As the lumbar region carries most of the weight of the body excess load on it make a person more prone to lumbosacral spondylosis
Symptoms of Lumbosacral Spondylosis
The symptoms of lumbosacral spondylosis can range from mild to severe pain in lumbosacral spine and it can also become chronic in some cases.
Stiffness in the spine
Pain in the lumbosacral region ( lower part of the spine)
Difficulty in lifting weight or in bending
Treatment Methods of Lumbosacral Spondylosis
1. Physical Therapy : This is a goods option in the early stages of lumbosacral spondylosis for pain relief. Patient is taught various exercises which helps in increasing the flexibility and range of motion of the spine
4. Heat or Cold Therapy
4. Heat or Cold Therapy
In normal cases medication and physical therapy is considered for treating lumbosacral spondylosis, however if the condition is more severe then the patient is referred to a spine surgeon.
Lower Back support belts can be worn to reduce the pain and provide support to the lower spine.
Lumbosacral Corset Padded for Lumbosacral Spondylosis
Lumbosacral corset ( low back brace ) : This products is anatomically designed and is supported with two rigid splints. This low back brace is ideal for patients with chronic low back pain and also for patients suffering from lumbosacral spondylosis. It has additional strap that provides additional support to the lower spine. This belt is optimized with skeletal support properties and is made with best materials so that it serves its purpose with utmost effectiveness and efficiency. This product can be worn in lumbar spondylosis as well as in lumbosacral spondylosis
This low back brace comes is various sizes so as to fit the wearers waist size
Lumbosacral spondylosis can affect both men and women. An individual can suffer from lumbosacral spondylosis and cervical spondylosis simultaneously also.
Lumbosacral Air Belt
Lumbosacral Air Belt – This inflatable belt consist of several evenly interconnected inflatable air cells that provides a firm support to the weakened back. Provides maximum support while allowing lateral & abdominal muscles to remain active.
Tennis Elbow also know as Lateral Epicondylitis is a condition wherein severe burning pain is experienced in the outer part of the elbow. This pain is due to the soreness in the tendons of the lateral or outer part of the elbow. Treating tennis elbow should be left to the orthopedic doctor, what we must focus on at home is management of pain in tennis elbow remedy with natural approach.
Causes of Tennis Elbow
- Overuse of forearm muscle. Repeated motions of elbow and wrist causes tear in tendons.
- Poor technique in backhand stroke while playing tennis and other similar games involving excessive movements of forearm.
- Overdoing activities that causes strain in forearm muscles.
- Repeated twisting and turning of wrist can also cause tennis elbow.
- Excessive pressure on radial nerve.
Tennis Elbow Symptoms (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Pain in the outer part of the elbow.
- Pain while lifting or grasping object.
- Experience of severe pain while doing activities that involve movement of forearm and wrist.
- Pain while extending the forearm completely.
- Pain is also accompanied by weakness in the forearm and wrist.
Also See: Epicondylitis
Tennis Elbow Treatment can involve any one or combinations of following methods:
Once a person is diagnosed with Tennis Elbow or any other injury or medical condition he /she immediately starts digging the search engines. Knowing the fact that this problem is going to be intensely painful and moreover will be restricting your movement one cannot think of living with it even for a day.
Then what should you do? Well you must first calm down and seek professional help. After consultation and your primary check-up you will be aware about the severity of the problem and also the available mode of treatments and their associated cost and expenses. This is when you should be able to decide your most feasible treatment method.
- By wearing supports like Tennis Elbow Braces, elbow straps, arm bands etc.
- By taking Physical therapy for Tennis Elbow
- By doing exercises.
- By using Home Remedies
Home Remedies For Tennis Elbow
RICE it Up
Give complete rest to the arm muscles avoid doing any activity that may cause strain in the tendons.
- Apply ice packs to the elbow joint for 10-15 mins . Repeat this after two hours. This is a very effective home remedy that will soothe the pain and reduce the burning sensation in the affected area.
Elbow Supports : Tennis Elbow Wraps
- Use elbow straps this gives compression to the sore muscles. Compression limits the swelling and in some cases, relief from pain is also experienced by the sufferer.
- Celery seed is indeed very helpful in dealing with this painful condition. Extract the fluid from the seeds and take 5-10 drops diluted in hot water before meals.
- Avocado fruit has various health benefits and the oil extracted from Avocado has anti inflammatory and pain relieving properties. You best bet would be to gently massage the effected elbow joint with avocado oil. It will give soothing effect to the inflamed tissues and the tissues around the joint.
- Bake potatoes and wrap them in a clean cloth to make a poultice, wrap it around the effected elbow joint. This will certainly reduce the stiffness and pain in tennis elbow, remedy to try at home.
Wear Elbow Wraps
Now you dont need a highly sophisticate or state of the art kind of strap, all you need is a strap that will wrap around your elbow, provide soft cushioning while your elbow is in resting position. It should also provide mild compression.
Pain in Tennis Elbow Remedy with Oils
Ayurvedic Oil For Pain Management In Tennis Elbow
Dhanvantaram Thailam is an Ayurvedic oil used in Kerala Ayurveda, it is beneficial in reducing pain and swelling.
Dhanwantharam Thailam can be applied topically on the affected area to improve musculoskeletal health. Basically it is a pain relieving and anti-inflammatory oil and thus it helps in the effective management of Tennis Elbow injury.
Essential Oil For Tennis Elbow
Lavender Essential oil
Lavender essential oil very fragrant and is known for its anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties. Like any other essential oil Lavender oil should also be diluted in a carrier oil before application. Sesame oil is regarded for its therapeutics properties for muscles and joints, thus it makes a good choice for a carrier oil for tennis elbow natural cure.
Splints for Tennis Elbow
Splints and braces are used for immobilizing and supporting the elbow joint especially post surgery. Tennis Elbow braces are very helpful in reducing the pressure on the weak elbow. You can also wear compression sleeves for soothing the pain in tennis elbow the affected area.