Who in the world would want less energy? Energy means active and productive life. Calories = energy! Why aim for anything less? Stop counting and restricting you calories and focus on choosing good calories over bad calories.
Good calories will provide your body with the energy from the good nutrition. Bad calories will provide some extra fat and an urge to eat more often.
Many good calories come from high-calorie and high-fat foods that will release a lot of energy to count on. Bad calories come from processed foods that can be harmful and even tough are high in calories it will deprive you from feeling energized.
Here are some recipes that will boost your energy and nurture your body with all the nutrition needed for a healthy functioning. Who says healthy food is untasty or complicated?
In this article you will find some very simple but powerful healthy recipes for an energy boost and weight -- regulation.
Let’s start with something very simple but very powerful. This is a two ingredients recipe with a few drops of magical potion – the CBD oil. Easy, tasty, sugar free treat that is very beneficial for your overall health.
- 1 cup organic cocoa powder (if you can find to buy, you can use organic, sugar-free dark chocolate)
- 2 large yellow bananas
- Puree the bananas together with the cacao powder. If you use chocolate bar, melt it and then put it in the banana puree.
- Add few drops of CBD oil*.
- Pour the puree in a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least for 5-6 hours until they are firm in texture.
- Cut the firm texture into small fudges.
You can store them in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 weeks. If they even make through the first day.
*CBD oil is tasteless and it doesn’t interfere with the taste or the smell of the food. It can be added to any recipe to satisfy your daily needs of this beneficial oil. Studies show it has a lot of benefits on the physical health and it relieves anxiety and stress related conditions.
Here is a simple recipe for a small blueberry pie that will take no more than 30 minutes to prepare. Moreover, it is gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free and high in protein.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- ½ cup almond butter ( you can choose any nut butter you prefer)
- Frozen blueberries
- 3 scoops of protein powder*
Adding protein powder is optional. However, it is a very useful supplement and it will give a fluffier texture to the pie.
- Mix all the ingredients except the blueberries in the bowl.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and coat with some butter.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Drop the desired amount of blueberries on the top.
- Preheat the oven on 250°C.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
You can choose to glaze the pie with coconut butter. For coconut flavor lovers, this coconut butter is pure enjoyment and it has a lot of health benefits.
It is sweetened only from the blueberries. However, if you aim for a more sugary taste you can choose to add a tbsp of a coconut sugar or a tsp of maple syrup. If you are not a blueberry fan you can choose to make this pie with your preferred fruit.
The oldy-goldy Banana Bread tastier than ever
Everybody loves a bite of the fluffy banana bread. This time, we bring you a healthy gluten-free, refined- sugar free recipe with a lot of spice and irresistible smell.
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (spotted are better, they puree easier and have a sweeter taste)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup nut butter (almond, cashew, hazelnut whatever you prefer)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda + ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger spice
- A pinch of salt
- In a big bowl mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the mixture and mix again until it becomes homogeneous.
- Preheat the oven on 200°C.
- Line a parchment paper onto a loaf pan.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and add some toppings*.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Leave the banana bread to cool completely before slicing
* For the topping we’ll recommend you to grind walnuts and hazelnuts to small and crunchy pieces. Melt a small amount of coconut oil and mix it with the nuts. Add 2 tsp coconut sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon to the mixture of nuts and coconut oil. Pour this topping on the banana bread mixture before you set it in the oven. It will form a tasty, crunchy crust and you’ll love it.
- Powerful Recipes for Your Wellness in 2019 | Energy Boosting Recipes - April 16, 2019